How to organize your JAV collection?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Oct 22, 2016
So I've actually created an excel that generates a URL for the covers of movies from MGStage / Heyzo / Caribbeancom / scute and 1pondo that is then put into a download manager to download all the covers by batch.

Was getting annoyed that most of the 'amateur' studios wasn't scraped by the javscraper. It's a caveman approach but saved me tons of manual labour and all my 'amateur' studio collections has covers (minus .nfo)

To use this excel all you need is to make a file directory listing of the videos that is properly named and the excel will pick up the name and change the studio name of the url (e.g. SIRO format videos are from shiroutou studios)

Have done over 100 videos in one shot and haven't gotten any error so far

edit : attached link to excel file. Only fill in the cells that is highlighted in green

https://anonymousfiles.io/wyKDUS4C/

To utilize this first you need a make sure that all your MGStage videos are in their proper video name folders as such :

cVUupqt.png

After that we need to create a listing using command prompt with a batch file :

ITH60px.png

Copy the batch file that we created into the folder where we want to create our listing :

JdE8Fne.png

The batch file will spit out a text file with the listing of all the folders.

Next thing is that we need to use the replace function within notepad to replace the dash characters with tab dash tab to fit into our excel field :

lvxoYuD.png

After replacing it should look something like this :

s6tCmMp.png

Next step is to open the excel file that I created and paste all the content into green highlighted cell in the first worksheet of the excel :

ETh7oD6.png

Which will then automatically fill out the rest of the URL parts :

6LMhm8b.png

After that copy the entire url from http to .jpg to your download manager to download all the covers of the video (I myself use flashget 1.73 for simplicity sake)

fhvErAM.png

After download is complete I would recommend using Bulk Rename Utility to trim the "pb_e_" part of the filename and then use another batch file command to move all the photos into the video folder.

The batch command that I use is as follows :

@echo off
for /f "delims=" %%a in ('dir /b') do (
if not "%%~fa"=="%~f0" (
md "%%~na" 2>nul
if exist "%%a" move "%%~na.*" "%%~na"
)
)

Which moves the current files where the batch file is to a folder of it's own filename.

The above tutorial is only for videos that are released by MGStage.com

For Heyzo / Caribbeancom / S-Cute and 1Pondo.TV you will need to seperate them as their covers are from their own respective studios. The excel includes the 'codes' to get their cover as well.

Although I must note that some older releases might have been taken out by the studio due to licensing or something.

Last edited:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
So I've actually created an excel that generates a URL for the covers of movies from MGStage / Heyzo / Caribbeancom / scute and 1pondo that is then put into a download manager to download all the covers by batch.

Was getting annoyed that most of the 'amateur' studios wasn't scraped by the javscraper. It's a caveman approach but saved me tons of manual labour and all my 'amateur' studio collections has covers (minus .nfo)

To use this excel all you need is to make a file directory listing of the videos that is properly named and the excel will pick up the name and change the studio name of the url (e.g. SIRO format videos are from shiroutou studios)

Have done over 100 videos in one shot and haven't gotten any error so far
Gotta love VBA, it has served me well over the years at work and at home. I actually use an Excel VBA application to go through files and use ffmpeg to get details from them.

Bravo, @javconnoisseur

EDIT! WOW! I only just mentioned VBA, specifically, typed out, just moments ago, unless I'm not remembering I don't know when else, I certainly don't Google it because I know it enough to get done whatever I need to get done. I then go to YouTube and the 3rd video I start playing this pops up as an ad. Good grief!

wow.png

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2016
Gotta love VBA, it has served me well over the years at work and at home. I actually use an Excel VBA application to go through files and use ffmpeg to get details from them.

Bravo, @javconnoisseur

EDIT! WOW! I only just mentioned VBA, specifically, typed out, just moments ago, unless I'm not remembering I don't know when else, I certainly don't Google it because I know it enough to get done whatever I need to get done. I then go to YouTube and the 3rd video I start playing this pops up as an ad. Good grief!

View attachment 2082000

there is virtually no VB in the excel just some reference cells is as far as my coding skills go.

edit : tried to upload the excel her ebut it's not allowed.

Reactions: Casshern2

Hex8n3Hex

Jun 5, 2019
Hi all, I am using JAV Movie Scraper right now and uploading everything to my Plex server. One of the main requirements for JAV Movie Scraper to work is to have each video file saved in the folder of the same name.

Eg. ABC-111.mp4 needs t be in "ABC-111" folder.
Once that is done, the scrapper can then generate the files required (poster, fanart, nfo) for Plex to recognise.

As I have quite a lot of videos, manually creating a folder, renaming the folder, dragging the file into the folder seems very time consuming. Is there a way I can automate this?

Looking forward to your advise.

Reactions: cainnn667
Oct 22, 2016
Hi all, I am using JAV Movie Scraper right now and uploading everything to my Plex server. One of the main requirements for JAV Movie Scraper to work is to have each video file saved in the folder of the same name.

Eg. ABC-111.mp4 needs t be in "ABC-111" folder.
Once that is done, the scrapper can then generate the files required (poster, fanart, nfo) for Plex to recognise.

As I have quite a lot of videos, manually creating a folder, renaming the folder, dragging the file into the folder seems very time consuming. Is there a way I can automate this?

Looking forward to your advise.

Not automated but Bulk Rename Utility will cut down your task significantly especially when removing all the extra characters from the filenames.

Also the batch command I shared a few posts up will do exactly that. Creates a foldername from the filename of that directory and move them in

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Is that the only way Plex and others like it work? You explicitly have to have a folder for each title? I've read that throughout this thread and others, there just isn't another way in any of its settings?

Oct 22, 2016
Is that the only way Plex and others like it work? You explicitly have to have a folder for each title? I've read that throughout this thread and others, there just isn't another way in any of its settings?
It feels a lot more organized to have a folder each for every title. Especially when the titles are split into 3-4 parts and with the covers and fanart files as well as the .nfo files.

Hex8n3Hex

Jun 5, 2019

Yes, that's how it works right now. Through some trial and error, I managed to get JAVMovieScraper working. It also has the option to move the .nfo, cover files into individual folders. Would highly recommend.

Separately, Plex doesn't register metadata as accurately as Emby.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Sorry for the possibly stupid questions, I’ve never used it nor seriously looked into it, specifically because I didn’t want to deal with a mountain of folders. But, for Plex to behave the way people want it to, to be able to find a movie and play it, that’s just how it is? Or are the folder structures for different reasons? And I understand about the *.nfo files it produces but those are a bit too completist for my simple needs. Not that they don’t do others a great amount of good!

I’ve been working on my way to at least catalogue my collection so I know what I have and where I have it. I’ve never had the need to find and play anything immediately; I’m not in a living space where I have that luxury anyway. So, having folders for each title for something like that to work isn’t necessary for me. Here is a quick and dirty rundown on how I catalog/store titles:

Note: I had been blindly archiving to disc not knowing what was where for the longest time. I had to come up with a way to know where things were, especially when looking for something specific, either a single title or anything from a favorite star. And I knew just the DVD codes weren’t going to help, I needed the visuals of the covers and didn’t want to have to go onto DMM/R18/JAVLibrary just to remember. Really, JAVLibrary probably would have been okay to use since you can select the titles you Own on your profile, but, there are plenty of titles they don’t list for whatever reason.

1. Acquire titles
2. Mux DVD cover as attachment with titles as MKV files
3. Add to next available temporary folder(*) with other titles until folder size reaches right at 46.2 GB
4. Run batch file in that folder to extract DVD Covers to a single Images folder(**)
5. Run Excel VBA application in that folder to grab file name/specs that Windows can and also call ffmpeg to grab file specs it can’t for each file into a CSV file
6. Burn folder contents to printable disc (***)
7. Spot check that files can be accessed/played on disc
8. After verification, delete folder from HDD
9. Label disc accordingly as BDXXX or BDVRXXX with a Sharpie
10. Place disc in binder (****)
11. Import CSV file into MySQL (*****)
12. Use PHP scraper to get just the data I want from R18 imported into MySQL
13. All titles from processed folder are now catalogued and viewable on local JAV Archive Database site

* Folders are named/numbered for content. BDXXX for normal titles, BDVRXXX for VR titles

** I have one folder for full images, my local web application sizes/crops front of cover using CSS for thumbnails and displays full images for title pages

*** I keep my collection on 50GB dual-layer Blu-ray discs

**** something similar to this https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Binder-Holder-Storage-Capacity/dp/B00DIHVM36/

***** I use USBWebserver which comes with a version of MySQL

Reactions: ding73ding

Hex8n3Hex

Jun 5, 2019
That plug in is excellent. The only draw back is that is pulls from DMM/FANZA which means it is all going to be in Japanese. Not very useful for us non Japanese folk that cant read or speak to save our lives :)

I tried importing the .bundle file to the folder and migrated it into Plex via Webtools. I cannot seem to find the JAV Media agent in the dropdown though. Only the other Agents I have previously installed show up. Any advice? I'm using Windows if that matters.

Pipieye

Jan 10, 2012
Actually plex does not care where you put the files, it is the plug-in that dictates that. I am using a different plug-in and i can put my files in folder star for all the star release, etc.
But i like mine to show the actress name for easy ID so i put them as such so plug-in will pick up actress name from the folder as tags, that way i can click on the actress name and filter all movies with that actress, or by release like star,miad,midd,pppd, etc.
Then easily track down where i kept the files via the info as shown below.
Note: the meta data can be thrown into google translate but it is not doing a good job so not worth it to add into plug-in.

maload:
1.Move '<plugin>.bundle' to your Plex plugins folder
for Windows it is : disk:\Users*username*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
2. restart the plex media server
3. go to settings->agent-> you will see <plugin> shows up

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.41.51 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.35.04 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.22.47 AM.png

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Okay, got it, nice! Good to know things can go where you want them, pretty much. What you're describing (by way of your example for Plex) is what I'm working on for my little project. I'm still working on things you can navigate through to on title pages. As you can see on the listing pages you can click through to DVD Code (AVOP, FLAV, JUFD, etc.), Star, Storage Disc (BD023, BD064, etc.) and title dimensions, although that was early on in development and will probably get dropped later.

Search for Shiori...
001.jpg

to find Shiori Tsukada (or anyone else with Shiori in their name) (localhost:8080/results.php?keyword=Shiori)
002.jpg

Clicked on FCDC-085 (localhost:8080/title.php?keywoard=FCDC-085)
003.jpg

Clicked on the Series
004.jpg

Went back, clicked on Studio
005.jpg

elfineer

Sep 29, 2008
Actually plex does not care where you put the files, it is the plug-in that dictates that. I am using a different plug-in and i can put my files in folder star for all the star release, etc.
But i like mine to show the actress name for easy ID so i put them as such so plug-in will pick up actress name from the folder as tags, that way i can click on the actress name and filter all movies with that actress, or by release like star,miad,midd,pppd, etc.
Note: the meta data can be thrown into google translate but it is not doing a good job so not worth it to add into plug-in.

maload:
1.Move '<plugin>.bundle' to your Plex plugins folder
for Windows it is : disk:\Users*username*\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Plug-ins
2. restart the plex media server
3. go to settings->agent-> you will see <plugin> shows up

I ended up doing my own mods to the JavPlex to produce some english results. I am still trying to add in Genre function. Seems Nick (the author) did not finish that portion.

Oct 22, 2016

I see that you have renamed your files to the format of [Video-Code] Actress name. How do you handle videos that feature more than 4 actresses?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I keep the file names as the DVD code and handle actor name searches by the database field.

Field value could be Star 1, Star 2, Star3, Star 4

(yes the field is actor names separated by commas)

Query would be Star like ‘%Star 3%’

That would return any title that has Star 3 anywhere in the name field, either all by herself or in a title with multiple JAV stars

Last edited: