How many of you buy physical copies of Anime/Manga?

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
I personally like to buy physical Blu-ray/DVD sets. I used to torrent back in the day, but you just can't beat the hard copy content. As for Manga, I have a few volumes of Hunter X Hunter..and plan to collect One Piece sooner or later. (I thought the Anime was amazing prior to the timeskip.) ;)
I store my entire collection..(apart from the Pokemon stuff) on three 2TB external hard drives.
(6TB in total.)

For the DVD files, I use AnyDVD to remove the copy encryption, and play them using VLC (Because VLC recognizes the files as if a regular DVD disc would be playing in the disc drive at the time.)

Blu-ray files, I use MakeMKV. Although play menu's are disregarded via this method, the quality stays the same. (Audio/video) and shrinks the files down a few GB's seeing as MKV is a container format.

Let me know how you like to view/obtain your Anime/Manga. :)

Reactions: Ceewan

eshwaa

Nov 29, 2014
I like buying physical sets as well. I haven't watched or bought any anime in a couple years, but I did get a nice little collection started. Now I always tell myself I'm going to start watching a series but never get around to it. I just used a bluray player to watch everything, never tried ripping anything.

I purchased mine from amazon and rightstuf when they had their winter sales. If I couldn't purchase a series, I'd use torrents.

Reactions: Ceewan

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
I like buying physical sets as well. I haven't watched or bought any anime in a couple years, but I did get a nice little collection started. Now I always tell myself I'm going to start watching a series but never get around to it. I just used a bluray player to watch everything, never tried ripping anything.

I purchased mine from amazon and rightstuf when they had their winter sales. If I couldn't purchase a series, I'd use torrents.

Thanks for your response Eshwaa. :)
Rightstuf is great! I usually wait until the "end of year sales" as you mentioned to purchase.
That girl as your avatar, she's extremely cute! Does she have a name? :p[/QUOTE]

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
I use to buy a fair bit of anime and some manga (I have around 500 dvds). But in the last few years my viewing habit has switched to live action Japanese dramas so I've only bought a few of each. I have downloaded a handful of fan-subbed anime, some that I really liked I've bought if they came out on disc.

Reactions: Ceewan and Speeny

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I would prefer to buy DVD sets, (and then rip them to torrents), but if it ain't free I likely can't afford it so just get what I can from the same sites I get my tv shows and movies from. Being poor is no joke, every month is a challenge to just get by. Things are tough all over and not everyone can afford the inflated prices some companies ask for content. Hell, death is tough enough to afford (if you want a plot of land for your body and a marker to call your own) but until then, life is a bitch.

Reactions: tylersailer

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
I buy them. Usually as special orders for clients. If you need anything feel free to PM me.
Perhaps I'll take a snap of my library in a few days. I'm sure some of you will like that.

Reactions: eshwaa and Ceewan