How long did u guys take to download a file usually

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

streetballbn

choked to death
Dec 11, 2006
yea, how long .. well, hmmmm, i know nothing about leech seed whatever it is called.. but, ususally when u donwload something like...for example 300 mbs ...... how long would it take.....? i dunno ..maybe my pc is the worst here... it's taking 2X's 24 hrs to download just 300megabytes ><' it's like 7kbps . -__-' . and sometimes .. but rarely.. the maximum speed it can reach is just 20kb/s ......... hmmm, i wonder what about the others........

-dont ban me:eek: ,i didnt do anything wrong here right?..or maybe..this is considered as spam ? it's just a question ;)

Eggs

Desu! Desu! Desu! Desu!
Dec 7, 2006
Hm, we'll eventually have a help section for questions such as these, so don't worry, it's in the right place for now. ^^

But you must have your speed settings messed up somehow.

Also, what client are you using? Please don't tell me BitTorrent. =/

You are GOING to get slow speeds there. It's inevitable.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I've got 10Mbit effective line, so I can get 1200kb/s.
When I download from my friends FTP, I get ~500kb/s average.
Torrents vary from 30 to 500kb/s usually..
So it doesn't take long for me to download stuff.

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
Mine is about 30kb/s min and about 700kb/s max.
Depends on what country you're in.

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
depends all on the seeders and your connection usually. the more seeders, the faster the dl is.
and the best Bittorrent client to use is Bitcomet. (for me anyways) very easy to use, and has many options and features.

joesushi

Nov 9, 2006
For a while i was using bitcomet, Guess I will give it another try.

streetballbn

choked to death
Dec 11, 2006
so, my pc is the worst afterall.......... -_-' you guys gave me heart attacks.. 30kb/s is the minimum? gawd.. that's fast . and well, of course i dont use bittorrent, that's the last Client that i'd have to use.. for now i'm using bittorrent.. ah, i mean bitlord. i dont use bitcomet and i dunno, i heard that bitcomet has problems .. that aint true? ---..
so, the speed depends on? bit clients? uhmmm... internet connections? depends on which country i am in? 0.o'? .. well seeders is one of them tho

KhalReblic23

Dec 13, 2006
Make sure you do some research and have all the appropriate ports open, if your using a router or any kind of firewall/virus protection thats defnitaly going to slow your DL's. I use bitcomet and get the same averages they've mentioned already but usually i just leave it on overnight and check in the morning and most are done! :)

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
sometimes i get anywhere from 5Kbps to 300Kbps... really mainly depends on the seeds and your connection... just keep trying. and yes, forward your ports!!! if you can...

flame_zero

Eat this !!!
Dec 13, 2006
2 to 600kbs but depends on how many ppl are seeding the file that i want. on average if the file has good seeders it usually takes me around 40 minutes to get a file thats 300 mbs

mandor

Chaotic Dumb
Dec 10, 2006
um it depends :)
from my country i download with anywhere from 700 to 5000 kb/s
from anywhere else from 64 to 400kb/s
and well torrent differ - depending on the seeders i could download with 1kb/s but i could download with 300 ;)

grounder

Just Another Pervert
Dec 25, 2006
i used to get around 5 to 10:cry: , now after i use patch i can get from 20 to 300:hurry: all in kbps. i use utorrent cause some site banned bitcomet:warning: . my isp will upgrade my connection on 28th of dec, it's a christmas gift they said and for free.:sweet:

RawD

bearded pirate
Nov 8, 2006
:smoke: my limit is around 1100kb/s , but that's all I really need, I'm not in a that big of a hurry to dl stuff, and usually the seeds top of around 700-800 if there are enough fast seeders :hurry:

But 5000 :nooo: :eek:mfg: :dies: damn.....
:bye:

A Lazy Panda

Dec 24, 2006
XD I love how everyone uses these smilies

My minimum usually is 5 kbps, my max is around 765kbps. Multi torrent, my speed reduces to 600 kbps distributed across.

Most of the time it depends on seeds though.

:abandoned: I wish I had 1200 :(

:sohappy: Oh well. I'm better than someone :O

fhc

BRASIL, Rio de Janeiro .
Dec 17, 2006
my maximum download speed is 100 kb. :tears:

and my maximum upload speed is 20kb. :abandoned:

this BIG difference between download speed and upload speed is normal in brazilian ADSL... :nowai:

I guess, I am the member that have the most slow download/upload speed in this forum... :...:

but I am very happy with my download speed. I am able to download 2GB per day, downloading 7 hour per day, I guess. :whisper:

Then , I can download one hentai game per day ( a game with 2 GB) XD

discosupafly

Chicken Inspector
Nov 24, 2006
Ugh. I'm so jealous of some people here...

For almost all downloads I average between 100kbs to 300 kpbs. Sometimes it just dies in the ass and I have to try again later, mind you.
:frozen:

It depends on how healthy the torrent is though, of course. If I'm lucky enough to start downloaded when a torrent's in its prime then I've clocked it at slightly over 700kbps.
:beautiful:

This, of course, is a rarity... :why:

PS: Since when did we get these icons? BEST. ICONS. EVER!!!

WasabI

Dec 25, 2006
I'm using Azureus but its slow.. 200kb average..

I don't mind actually.. turn it on at night and watch the stuff in the morning !

I use a Router but is doesnt configure very well.. :nooo:

its a Sitecom DC-202... any suggestions anybody?