Yet another new guy

BadGuy

May 3, 2009
Hi everyone... yes it's that time again another new guy on the board. :casual: found this board through google and it looks like a great community/board so I decided to join it.

I'm not sure how much I'll lurk or... not lurk, it kinda depends on who I meet here and what I can do to help out...

A bit about myself. I'm a huge anime buff, I've been an editor and typesetter for AonE for a while now (I think it's coming down to around 6 years now maybe more), so I developed my Japanese kinks over time ;). Besides that I'm the average 25 year old Dutch guy and I work in the IT as a programmer for a large international company, specializing in C# .NET at the moment. But there are very little programming languages that are so exotic that I've not worked with it...

Right now I'm a huge Team Fortress 2 fan as well, and I spend way more time on that then I should :)

Nothing really more to tell here I guess... Yeah I do some distro work, so i might some time take the time to post something (or not). But when asked I'd love helping any of you with seeding/releasing stuffs on bittorrent.

So nice to meet your acquantance and hope to hear from you guys soon :)

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Nice introduction BadGuy

Feel free to lurk as much as you like, we're not against it here

BadGuy

May 3, 2009
Nice introduction BadGuy

Feel free to lurk as much as you like, we're not against it here

Hurray for that, I always try not to lurk on forums and be somewhat active/contribute ... just... I always fail :defeat: let's see if this time is different :D (promises promises).

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Welcome to Akiba-Online ! Enjoy your stay !

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I sure do hope you don't lurk, 'cause you put a lot more effort into your intro post than most people do! And you sound like a nice, interesting fellow! And like so many Dutch friends I've had (two to three in real life and many more online), your English is superb, which means I know you should be more than able to follow along and join in with our English-language discussions in the discussion forums.

Welcome! Good to see someone with your talents signing up here!

What brought you to A-O? You said you got here through Google ... what was it you were hoping to find? :)

BadGuy

May 3, 2009
I sure do hope you don't lurk, 'cause you put a lot more effort into your intro post than most people do! And you sound like a nice, interesting fellow! And like so many Dutch friends I've had (two to three in real life and many more online), your English is superb, which means I know you should be more than able to follow along and join in with our English-language discussions in the discussion forums.

Welcome! Good to see someone with your talents signing up here!

What brought you to A-O? You said you got here through Google ... what was it you were hoping to find? :)

HA my daily dose of JAV obviously :D... and perhaps some hentai mangas too :p I have all the manga/anime I can handle getting pumped through my server, and all distro channels i'm familiar with. So just getting the pr0n is harder. English discussions huh? Well that might just be one of those things I might be able to jump in to, get me out of lurker mode.

Ha *blush*! My English isn't that great, it's all self-taught even though I do edit for AonE which has taught me alot aditional stuff over the years, I'm still an absolute ignoranus to grammar rules and such.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
You misspelled one letter in "ignoramus" and used the word 100% correctly in a lengthy and otherwise immaculate sentence. I think you pass. :)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I may have misplaced the hyphen. (I always forget where to put it.) What I meant to convey was, "discussions held in the English language," not "discussions about the English language."

But I'd love to discuss English with you if you'd like. :D I'm a huge linguistics dork. I'd have gone into it as a career if I thought I could have done what I wanted to do during the career (which is research whatever I want whenever I want all things linguistic) and get paid for it. Lol, obviously not very realistic.

BadGuy

May 3, 2009
I may have misplaced the hyphen. (I always forget where to put it.) What I meant to convey was, "discussions held in the English language," not "discussions about the English language."

But I'd love to discuss English with you if you'd like. :D I'm a huge linguistics dork. I'd have gone into it as a career if I thought I could have done what I wanted to do during the career (which is research whatever I want whenever I want all things linguistic) and get paid for it. Lol, obviously not very realistic.

Hahaha all right :) well if someone's English is only so-so they can discuss just fine :)