How can i find japanese penpal

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
My god...does anybody actually write with a pen or pencil for communicative purposes anymore?:puzzled:

seiya1

Level80Cleaver
Feb 28, 2007
heh, was aqua being sarcastic? I think he wanted a link to a site.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
First things first, what is your native language?

If it's not English (which it doesn't appear to be) then you will be hard pressed as Japanese who speak languages OTHER than English are kind of a niche.

Oct 6, 2007
First things first, what is your native language?

If it's not English (which it doesn't appear to be) then you will be hard pressed as Japanese who speak languages OTHER than English are kind of a niche.

Haha took the words right out of my mouth. I'm a native English speaker and I can guess what you are trying to say but I'm not 100% sure on it. Good luck finding a Japanese pen pal that will understand you.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
Is there a specific reason you want a girl for a pen pal?

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
aquamarine and Haruto are right: i tried it twice, some years ago but it never worked because both of us were forced to use a foreign language (english), and our skills were not good enough to let us chit chat about everything, so we had to keep our emails on general arguments.
quite boring and time consuming, but what is worse is that it didn't lead to anything, even if we were armed with the best intentions.

(edit: just to clarify, "it didn't lead to anything" means that we wanted to learn each other language but we couldn't)

a simple google search will bring you everything you will ever need, and i'm linking a nice site just as example:

http://www.japan-guide.com/penfriend/

i don't know if it's good or not, but sure it's free (it requires registration though)

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
I've had several Japanese pen pals, mostly middle aged males and a few house wives. It seems to me that female pen pals are much more demanding and they feel the need to point out more then once they have no sexual interest in you even if nothing was offered to them of this nature in the slightest or even remotely alluded to. In general I had much more to talk about with the guys, they were friendlier and responded more promptly. If you really want your pen pals to be Japanese I suggest you to be flexible regarding gender and age of your pen pals.