Help with video file's audio track

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
does anyone know what codec is needed to play the audio part of this video properly? it seems to be a vorbis type but even after trying windows essential codec pack it still won't work. MPC and VLC can't play it and trying to convert it using format factory or any video converter doesn't work eiher.

edit: added properties

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Maybe you should open that video in Gspot for better codec informations. I also suggest to update your codecs, maybe installing the latest CCCP codec pack, then retrying.

javhoarder

Consumer of Hard Disks
Sep 20, 2011
It looks like you need the Ogg Vorbis ACM codec. (Extract, right-click "vorbisacm.inf" and hit Install). I've had to use that for some old AVIs with Ogg Vorbis audio.

VLC has never played nice with Ogg vorbis muxed in video containers. Last I recall, the developers didn't want to hassle with it.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
thank you both for all the help. updated CCCP and installed vorbis_ogg_acm and ogg-acm-0036. the 1st one enabled sounds but it was all garbled. i dunno if it was the combination of both or just the 2nd file but its working now.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I installed the vorbis_ogg_acm (which contains v0.0.3.1) and nothing happened: VLC, Media Player and MPC still couldn't play the file. Then I install the ogg_-acm-0036 (which contains v0.0.3.6). And still nothing happened.

So I guess the CCCP is the key - in one way or the other.

Does someone know if there is a player with built-in vorbis mode 3+ support? Somehow I don't want that CCCP to be installed on my system just for one codec.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I have vorbis playback enabled with lavfilters(I think this is what cccp also uses, but there is a newer version available since cccp is almost 8 months old) and I don't have any problems with it.

With my old computer though, vorbis was a pain in the ass and I needed different codec depending on which output I used on my soundcard.

MPCHC has vorbis in its internal filters so you can try enabling it if that's not already done. If it doesn't and you don't want lavfilters installed(or it also doesn't work), I suggest you google and try every possible vorbis codec until you find one that works(make sure to disable the others so that the proper one is loaded).