Converter help (freeware preferred but paid is ok)

rawdawg

Nov 20, 2008
akiba

Hopefully I can get some of best Tech people to help me out with converting software.

I'm not a power-user when it comes to converting knowledge. Normally If there's a video I like Ill convert it so I can fit it to either my Iphone or PSP. about 90% of the time ill get the video with exact timing and length. 5 percent of the time the result video is shorter but the sound still is in sync with the video.

for those 5% that DON'T.....I need some help. I don't know if its because of duplicate frames, improper frame rate selection or not every frame is encoded properly or whatever but in these cases its that the video comes before the audio. (i've tried playing with the settings of the various programs to when these issues happen but no luck)

Recently, I download a compilation video from here and it was about 3 1/2 hours...when I used my converter to try to make it into iphone format the resultant video was only 3 hours...WTF!!...OUCH! :stress:

So, I implore anyone for some advice on whats great to use and doesn't kill a huge amount of time to convert something (id say the worst I can go is double the actual viewing time but id prefer real-time speed)

Oh...I currently use 3 programs for my converting needs. One called "YouTube Downloader" and the other is called "WinAVI mp4 converter" and another called "AlltoAvi" (for the hard to convert .rmvb or .rm files)

thx!!!