best converter?

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
Well what is the best converter to convert WMV into AVI? Most of the converter i use only convert half of the video....

Thanks

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
As far as I know, you have to re-encode WMV in order to stuff it into an .AVI container, which loses quality.

I prefer to use the .MKV container, which preserves the video and audio tracks and adds support for keyframe seeking in capable players like Media Player Classic Homecinema. Not to mention you can later do cool stuff with your .MKV like add chapters, edit aspect ratio, and join .MKVs together with mkvtoolnix.

To do this, you need Monogram Graphstudio and Matroska Muxer. You construct a filter graph in Graphstudio. The left-most filter is added by clicking on File > Add Media File. The right-most filter is added by clicking Graph > Insert File Writer. The middle filter is added by clicking on Graph > Insert Filter > Matroska Muxer.

[fullattach]302262[/fullattach]

Then press the play button in the toolbar and wait a minute for the .MKV to get written to disk.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
For free converter I use alltoavi. It converts OGM,RMVB,MKV,MP4, WMV, and other video formats to AVI. As for a pay program I use a cracked version of Aiseesoft Total Video Converter, I use this when Alltoavi fails.

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
For free converter I use alltoavi. It converts OGM,RMVB,MKV,MP4, WMV, and other video formats to AVI. As for a pay program I use a cracked version of Aiseesoft Total Video Converter, I use this when Alltoavi fails.

Regarding this. I still can't figure out how to use it, there are too many option to take care of.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Not everyone has enough experience with videos to know how to work with them. It can be complicated for newbies.