Help with video converter

EroSensei.XY

Aug 6, 2010
Someone could explain the difference that weighs a different video to another video if both are the same format and the same duration.:puzzled:

I know that program used to convert good quality videos while not weigh much.
I need to convert some videos are in AVI format at the same avi but weighing less and if you can resize sizes.
Truth is not much about it but I have always Idols videos to share and not a lot of video converters. Recomiendenme some please.

Sometimes I wonder why a video from my camcorder samsung 65X weighs a lot (out with mp4 and H.264).
I do not understand the H.264 someone can explain what it means.
I always seen the "H.264" in videos avi and mp4 do not understand much that means.

The point is that I have videos in mp4 and avi formats (and some other formats like mkv) weighing many Idols are on the rise like Akiba respecting the rules of online for very good quality but not a lot of converters, so I need to know how to lose weight and maintain the best possible quality.

I expect an answer. Thank you.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
i will try to use simple language.

first:
there are many, many types of file. often files from cameras/dvd are big. around 4GB for 60mins.
when files are played, data is transferred. for example, dvd disc >> tv, the data travels at about 8MB/s. the size is usually 480x720.
if you want to change a dvd file (.VOB) to another lighter file type there are many options. this new file is often called a 'rip' or an 'encode'. when files are converted the computer uses a compressor (a software that calculates how to encode the file information). when we play a rip (avi, mkv, wmv etc) the computer uses a decompressor. the software(s) for compressing and decompressing are commonly called codecs.
there are many different types of codec and they make different types of file. each process and settings make a different quality and size file.
H.264 is a little different from mp4 or avi because h.264 is made using the AVC (Advanced Video Codec) codec. but h.264 is the type of video file only. MP4 or avi is a container. it holds the video, audio and chapters. in a picture an MP4 file might look like this: MP4(h.264video-MP3audio-chapters)MP4
recently the AVC h.264 codec is very popular and makes very good quality for a good file size. here at akiba-online many people who make rips use meguIV. if you use meguIV i recommend you use meguIVit. but, you need a good computer to make a rip, especially with meguIV. this program will convert dvd files to MP4 or MKV at about 1GB for 60mins. data rate is about 1.5MB/s.

otherwise there are many other conversion programs available. handbrake is probably the easiest to use.

if you already have an MP4 or avi file that you want to make smaller you can use a program like total video converter or avs video converter.

evey time you convert a file, the quality will become worse. the quality of the new file depends on the software and codec you use.

if you are japanese i can offer you this information in japanese. there is also info about using meguIV in japanese here and here.

EroSensei.XY

Aug 6, 2010
Help :c

Well not as much will be able to do video editing or converting video (very little).

What I can note for example that when I click on properties to a video here is a video of hide and Mana seek, this video weighs only 896 MB, avi format, 720x480 and lasts almost 2 hours!.
The quality is very good video, but I also want to note the 936 kbps data rate and bit rate 1064 kbps total not know much about data rate and total bit rate but that may influence weight video? or maybe the quality of the video? how I can manipulate?

Another example as you can see on the right side (akiba downloaded online) TRST-0058 is a video of Mana named Mana's Baby Face DVD is, it is also a video in avi format weighs 1.14 GB, the duration is 1 hour. the data rate is 2222 kbps total bit rate 2414 kbps.

Then as I'll know that the data rate and total bit rate are different and the second is almost double the first supungo that places greater weight to the video.

Most akiba online videos last an hour and weigh about 1GB 1GB or near.

I have several videos of half an hour and think about 860 MB! (mp4, 720x480)
About the quality is very similar to videos akiba online but I think the weight is not adequate.

View attachment 479376
View attachment 479377

Compare:

Hide and Seek
Video Resolution: 720x480
Format: avi
Length: 1:57:43
Size: 896 Mb
Data Rate: 936
total bit rate: 1064
Frame Rate 29 frames / second
audio
128 kbps bit rate

Total video convert (data)
Bit rate 1039 kbit / s
Video: h264, yuv420p, 720x480
Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb / s

///////////////////////////////////////////////
Mana TRST-0058
Length: 1:08:05
Size: 1.14 Gb
Data Rate: 2222 kbps
Total bit rate: 2414 kbps
audio
192 kbps bit rate

Mana TRST-0070
Length: 1:07:58
Size: 1.18 Gb
Data Rate: 2367 kbps
Total bit rate: 2495 kbps
Frame Rate 59 frames / second
audio
127 kbps bit rate

Bit rate 2444 kbit / s
Audio: mp3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb / s

My Video (example) - Too much weight!
Format: mp4
Length: 00:07:00
Size: 851 MB
Data Rate: 4282 kbps
Total bit rate 4406 kbps
audio
123 kbps bit rate

Bit rate 4304 kbit / s
Audio: aac, 24000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb / s

In conclusion I would like to know how to make videos like that just mentioned, how to manipulate the data and which are recommended for good quality and is a weight according to the quality (not too exaggerated but good). A video is: 1GB approximately one now. That format is better? and h264 is?
What programs to use (I have the total video convert)? or others that I can recommend.

Please help to bring good videos Akiba Online.