converter won't take these avi files

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
I have a few videos that won't run in the "Ultra Mobile 3GP video converter", I need to pass videos through that program in those settings for my iphone. One such file for example is the entry for Gspot i have attached. I tried passing that file through all2avi so that it would be a standard avi and the put it through the 3GP. But when i put it through all2avi it downgraded the quality alot, even though i set it to highest quality.

Could someone suggest a converter other than all2avi so i can convert these video files without downgrading the quality and then pass them through the 3GP. A simple lightweight program would be best. I just want to retain quality and make it into a basic video format (avi, or whatever).

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Your program might be choking on the .AVI container. I suggest your re-multiplex your .AVI into .MKV with MKVMerge, and try feeding that into your converter.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Ok, guys, humor me, it looks like i'm stupid:

I suggest Handbrake, quite easy to use. http://handbrake.fr/

I used it to encode some vids for my iPad

I used to use handbrake before i had to reinstall xp I went to download that file there and then i get a popup bitching at me to install this : .Net Framework 2.0 . What is that?

Your program might be choking on the .AVI container. I suggest your re-multiplex your .AVI into .MKV with MKVMerge, and try feeding that into your converter.

Well, i got mkvmerge and put the file in to "mux" it. Anyway, it put out the video in mkv. The converter would not take that file though.

Maybe this one:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It's supposed to digest all kind of video formats.

I guess I'm blind: I browsed that website and all it's ads and could not even find a download for the application. What's with that?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008