converter won't take these avi files

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
I have a few videos that won't run in the "Ultra Mobile 3GP video converter", I need to pass videos through that program in those settings for my iphone. One such file for example is the entry for Gspot i have attached. I tried passing that file through all2avi so that it would be a standard avi and the put it through the 3GP. But when i put it through all2avi it downgraded the quality alot, even though i set it to highest quality.

Could someone suggest a converter other than all2avi so i can convert these video files without downgrading the quality and then pass them through the 3GP. A simple lightweight program would be best. I just want to retain quality and make it into a basic video format (avi, or whatever).

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Your program might be choking on the .AVI container. I suggest your re-multiplex your .AVI into .MKV with MKVMerge, and try feeding that into your converter.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Ok, guys, humor me, it looks like i'm stupid:

I suggest Handbrake, quite easy to use. http://handbrake.fr/

I used it to encode some vids for my iPad

I used to use handbrake before i had to reinstall xp I went to download that file there and then i get a popup bitching at me to install this : .Net Framework 2.0 . What is that?

Your program might be choking on the .AVI container. I suggest your re-multiplex your .AVI into .MKV with MKVMerge, and try feeding that into your converter.

Well, i got mkvmerge and put the file in to "mux" it. Anyway, it put out the video in mkv. The converter would not take that file though.

Maybe this one:

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

It's supposed to digest all kind of video formats.

I guess I'm blind: I browsed that website and all it's ads and could not even find a download for the application. What's with that?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008