Freshmeat, Senior member...next?

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
How many levels are a there in the forum? I also see the part were it says Thanked X times in X posts and then some kind of colorful bar next to it. I've been here for a while and just now I decided that I want to find out what all this is, it's probably already been talked about some where else.

So my question? What comes next after Senior Member? As your number of thanks grow....do you earn some kind of privileges along the way. I know its all mainly to see how everyone is contributing and how active they are but I'm just wondering if part of it goes beyond that idea.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
From what I understand, the reputation system on this site is just for fun (or, to put it more directly, it doesn't actually do anything). Filling up the green rep bar doesn't bring any new privileges. It does, however, show that other members are appreciative of your input and contributions. So being thanked and gaining bars does have some value, but its more personal (sentimental?) in nature.

The levels I've seen go Fresh Meat - Member - Senior Member and that's it (aside from mod titles and custom titles). So senior member is as high as non staff goes.

You could always give yourself a magnanimous custom title! High Doo-Dah of the Poo-Bah! Maybe? Or how about Grand Duchy! :joker: Or even KING VITA-MAN! :pandalaugh:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
we only have fresh meat and members, there is no status / user class "senior member", these just are additional titles users only have chosen by themselves in the editable 2. user name part, so it´s nothing official.

Except these two classes there are admins, s-mods, mods and donors (just quite a few from old shibuyabashi [former forum - previous to this one]) only.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
I know this may sound dumb but who is the MASTER MOD? I know it has to be the creator of AO in its entirety. Id sure like to give a big thanks to that person if they ever come across this post.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Not to seem nosy, but since this question is kind of related can someone tell me more? http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/member.php?u=32 I thought chompy was the only "Emperor".
That's mao. He was the co-founder (along with myself) of the group that was the predecessor to this forum a number of years ago. He sorta got really busy IRL, and was never particularly involved with this forum. His user rank is more of a symbolic thing than anything functional.

Akiba-online is pretty much its own thing now though, bearing little resemblance to what came before it.

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
Okay, that explains it then. I just happened to notice that when I was scrolling through the members list and had it sorted by join date.
I don't know what existed before Akiba. Heck, I don't even remember how I ended up here.
Just glad to be here! :tea:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
the location I use in my profile at HF is "outlaw planet Akiba"...

there have been some words about outlaws / renegades written at HF, not by the staff though...

I guess that´s history.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
Ah so its chompy, nice to meet ya, thank you so much for this great community. You have 1 million thanks from me. :)