Flashget = P2p applicaion

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

GuyverZRider

Jul 9, 2008
:trance:Is Flashget considered as a p2p (peer to peer) application/ software?

The place I am living does not allow any p2p softwares to be used, can I use flashget for accelerating megaupload, ugotfile and hotfile downloads without getting banned..

Ps: I got banned before for using bitcomet to accelerate downloads...They said that I am using a p2p software..:ignore:

Any recommendations for a good NON p2p download accelerator?

I have tried searching for pcworld.com and etc but couldn't find any..Maybe it is because I am an amateur in this...:defeat:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Flashget is used only for downloads, so it's not a p2p program.
As far as I know, all download accelerators/managers have nothing to do with p2p.

A p2p program makes you download and upload data at the same time, basically. You download from some people, and upload to other people.
It's like a chain (it it works properly).
And bitcomet is mainly used for torrent sharing, so it IS a p2p program.

I use either Flashget or Orbit Downloader (for youtube stuff) for direct downloads.

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
isn't Flashget spyware/adware like most Chinese downloaders?
and Flashget have p2p capabilities, it can download from ed2k and torrent.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
A bit late here.

A p2p program makes you download and upload data at the same time, basically. You download from some people, and upload to other people.
Actually that's not true. The term P2P comes from whether you download from peers or from a server. P2P programs like eMule, Slsk, and Limewire etc allow you to download without uploading, but they are still considered P2P because you are downloading directly from other peoples' computers.

Flashget and other download accelerators are not considered P2P because you download from a web server, not from someone else's computer.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well Flashget used to be only a download manager/accelerator, that isn't true anymore. Flashget 1.8.4 supports FTP,Bit Torrent and edonkey downloads. I could be wrong but that would seem to me to make it a P2P application as well as a download manager/accelerator. If I am mistaken in this then I don't quite understand what the difference is.

Personally I wouldn't suggest using Flashget for P2P applications until they address the possible exploit in their auto update feature I read about, but people use Flashget for Bit Torrent downloads all the same so take what risks you are willing to take. I used to use Flashget a lot some years ago but it has gone through a lot of changes. Apparently it is adware free now but the one I owned I had to download a "fix" provided by a techie friend of mine that was in circulation to get rid of the adware.

There is a thread somewhere about download accelators for Rapidshare and its' "ilk" that has some good suggestions. It is probably in the Tech section if you want to look for it.