1. Some adblockers default filters are now blocking links on akiba-online.com.

If you cannot see links in threads, disable the filter or whitelist akiba-online.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Please explain about P2P

Discussion in 'P2P Discussion' started by cuteme100, Feb 11, 2015.

1. cuteme100

cuteme100 Member

Guys could you explain to me how can I start using P2P download as I totaly don't understand it, about the system, the software, how it works etc

thanks in advance

2. Ceewan

Ceewan Famished

Not the area I usually hang out at, there are better techs than me at this board and there is a distinct difference between sounding like you know what you are talking about (those people often make my ignore list) and knowing what you are talking about.

That said, I have been using bittorrent for some years so I am acquanted with P2P, I am just no expert.

P2P stands for Peer-to-Peer protocol. One of the most common uses is bittorrent, I use Utorrent (it is small, easy, tested and free). In P2P file sharing you transfer files directly from your computer to other computers and vice-a-versa (hence the name). To keep up on file sharing and P2P news visit torrentfreak. The most infamous torrent site on the internet of all time is ThePirateBay.

Those are the highlights for specifics try wiki (the wiki knows all) or just use Google:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer

3. NatsuMeZero

NatsuMeZero New Member

at first sight, i thought it`s PSP...

Ceewan likes this.