corner kicks : 4 - 5
offsides : 4 - 5
fouls : 13 - 16
yellow cards : 2 - 3
red cards : 0 - 0

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Suarez, go home! :bye:

Every time there's a sports tournament, one of these stories pops up. The octopus. The idiot savant. The blind homeless man. The horse. The goat. Someone or something calls every match in a tournament and people begin to put a lot of stock in it. The thing is, there are literally thousands of these horses, sheep, and people around the world -- so if anything, it'd be surprising if we didn't see one of them calling every match. The fact that Paul the octopus has called every match for the World Cup 2010 is simply statistically inevitable: if it hadn't been him, it would have been Winny the horse or Borris the sheepdog.

Derren Brown, the English charlatan-exposeur, made a special that addresses this point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrOrBZdJig . It's one-hour long, so I won't blame you if you don't want to (or can't) watch it. But for those who are interested, it's worth your time!!

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Damn you, Sakun! Now what am I supposed to do with this blind, idiot-savant octopus I just bought?

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
ahahahahhaahahahah poor paul we'll have to wait and see the result but its always nice to be prepared for a feast :full:

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Apparently, Paul's master used him in the 2008 Euro Cup as well. When the octopus incorrectly called the winner of the 2008 Germany vs. Spain match, it did not then find itself on the chopping block. So my guess is that if Paul ends up being wrong about this Germany vs. Spain match, too, it still won't mean the end of his career.

*puts the beer and bread crumbs away*

Still: anyway who's watched this German team play and anyone who saw what happened to Spain in their last match (against Paraguay) knows that this one's a no-brainer. Germany would have to willingly throw the match -OR- Spain would have to seriously step things up in order for them (Spain) to win.

I'd like to see a stepped-up Spain play against Germany, seeing as they were such a hyped-up team and my first chance to watch them play in full (Spain vs. Paraguay) was such a let-down.

But even a stepped-up Spain, I think, is going to be stepped on by the Germans. :)

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
yeah sure spain barely made it trough,germany demolished everyone on its path blitzkrieg all over but the match wont necessarily go in elf's favor

plus germany doesnt have muller

not to mention spain plays very disciplined only three yellow cards

germany has taller players,spain has quicker players

so on and on

this game will either be very one-sided for germany or an even match with i would say 2 to 4 goals who knows it may go in overtime and the penalties will deiced

i am hopping for a good game with a lot of action and a lot of shots on goal

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Argh!

Guys, help me out. ESPN3 just recently blocked my ISP from accessing live streams. I'm in the U.S., is there any other site that might let me stream the game? Or download it immediately afterwards?

(Spanish language is OK too)

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
This has worked for me, although at times the stream becomes pretty slow -but might be because of my connection not being that fast-

http://www.atdhe.net/

I dunno if univision works, as it is blocked here in Mexico...

http://futbol.univision.com/fifacopamundial/partidos-en-vivo

:study:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Thanks! I got Univision running now, with a Madrid radio station for better audio :)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Weird, Rollyco! I'm watching it on ESPN3.com right now. o_O They blocked a specific ISP? That's very very weird. I wonder why. :puzzled:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I was able to watch the early games on ESPN3.com, but not anymore. They actually have a whitelist of ISPs, and anyone that doesn't sign up (and pay) doesn't get access.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
85 minutes in, 0-1 ... c'mon, Germans! Show the octopus that you're the masters of your own destinies! ;p

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
IN YOUR FACE SAKUNYUUSHA :pandalaugh::pandalaugh::pandalaugh::pandalaugh:

:joker:

FT Germany 0 - 1 Spain
half-time (0 - 0)

referee : Viktor Kassai (Hungary)
spectators :60,960
match details :
73' [0 - 1] C. Puyol:shoot:
statistics :
shots on target : 2 - 5
shots off target : 1 - 7
possession (%) : 49 - 51
corner kicks : 6 - 7
offsides : 2 - 1
fouls : 9 - 6
yellow cards : 0 - 0
red cards : 0 - 0

bwhahahahaha one more match and i will be rich

oh yeah that gay boy pedro i will seriously kill him

and that so called penalty for germany was a free kick cuz he started to fall down 20 cm out of penalty area more like he was hit outside the area but the blind ref didnt see that <.<

anyway i was rooting for germany but spain won i am still happy lol

now lets have some octopus and some potato's mmmmmm

germany didnt show anything today

they left to much room for spain players,their counters were a failure and they would leave a huge gap everytime

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
Argh!

Guys, help me out. ESPN3 just recently blocked my ISP from accessing live streams. I'm in the U.S., is there any other site that might let me stream the game? Or download it immediately afterwards?

(Spanish language is OK too)

Sorry it's too late now Rollyco, but next game (or almost any other sports) try this site. Not the best quality, but nearly every game. It's based in Europe but I don't think it should be a problem in the US..... http://myp2p.eu/index.php?part=sports

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
Screw the world cup... Paul knows better...

attachment.php

Never doubt the Octopus!!! :sadomaso:

:joker:

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
and some parrot says its holland XD who to trust

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
thrilling game till the finish almost 3:3 diego was so close a shame

congratz to germany they played well uruguay defense sucked and the goal keeper made mistakes

first goal should have been ruled offside but then the game would be boring

FT Uruguay 2 - 3 Germany
half-time (1 - 1)

referee : Benito Archundia (Mexico)
spectators : 40,000
match details :
5' D. Aogo:warning:
7' Cacau:warning:
19' [0 - 1] T. Müller:shoot:
28' E. Cavani [1 - 1] :shoot:
51' D. Forlan [2 - 1] :shoot:
57' [2 - 2] M. Jansen:shoot: