FIFA World Cup 2010

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
I was one of those who rooted for Ghana. Ghana with the youngest team, without their only true star Michael Essien (because of an injury he didn't play at the Cup) and with a relatively unknown manager did something that Cameroon or Cote d'Ivoire with their big shot stars, and well known and moneyed managers couldn't - if I'm not mistaken, this was only 3rd time in the history of World Cup that African nation got to the quarterfinals, and they would have been the first in the semifinals. Such a shame.

I´m speachless!!! I thought that we could win that game, but I never expected a 4-0 vs Argentina. Great! :happy: :happy: :happy:

And Klose, yes, 100 games for Germany, 52 goals now!!! :cheer:

Die Mannschaft looks awesome. They worked hard with the young players over the years and it really payed off. I hope they win the Cup.

Denmark against Iran at a Carlsberg Cup match in 2003. Thinking he had heard the referee whistle for half-time, an Iranian defender picked up the ball inside his penalty area; unfortunately the whistle had come from the stands. "It was unfair to capitalise on that," said Wieghorst, who subsequently consulted with his coach Morten Olsen before firing wide. Although Denmark subsequently lost 1-0, Wieghorst at least picked up an Olympic Committee fair play award.

In the olden days when the penalty kicks were first introduced, players intentionally shot wide because everybody believed that scoring a goal in such a fashion was ungentlemanly.

Teddy2000

a member
Aug 17, 2008
Die Mannschaft looks awesome. They worked hard with the young players over the years and it really payed off. I hope they win the Cup.

Thanks Shadeofgray. :happy:

That´s maybe one of the main problems in Italy and England. They have too many foreigners in their league and the young players of Italy and England don´t get a chance.

Just have a look at Inter Mailand, Italian Champion, Italian Cup winner and Champions League winner, and no Italian player in the first 11 team. :(

Or the English goalkeeper, if I´m right they had the goalkeeper of a relegated team in the first game because all of the top teams in the Premier League have foreigners as goalkeepers. The 3 goalkeepers of our national team are the goalkeepers of the top 3 teams of the last Bundesliga season.

We had the same problem here in Germany during the 90´s, but then the teams realized that problem and started to give the young German players a chance, and it works. And it works great. Our team has an average age of 24,8 years. E.g. Müller is 20 years old, Özil and Boateng are 21. I hope that this teams has a great future, next week, and the next years also.

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
FT Paraguay 0 - 1 Spain
half-time (0 - 0)

referee : Carlos Batres (Guatemala)
spectators : 55,359
match details :
57' G. Piqué:warning:
59' O. Cardozo (pen.) :stop:
59' V. Caceres :warning:
60' A. Alcaraz :warning:
62' X. Alonso (pen.) :stop:
64' S. Busquets:warning:
71' C. Morel :warning:
83' [0 - 1] D. Villa:shoot:
88' J. Santana
statistics :
shots on target : 4 - 6
shots off target : 3 - 8
possession (%) : 43 - 57
corner kicks : 1 - 7
offsides : 2 - 1
fouls : 25 - 10
yellow cards : 4 - 2
red cards : 0 - 0

very poor game spain made it through barely

torres without a goal yet again

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
In the olden days when the penalty kicks were first introduced, players intentionally shot wide because everybody believed that scoring a goal in such a fashion was ungentlemanly.

Well, if a penalty kick is not easy enough...

[youtube]MJHN1mN5SCg[/youtube]

:joker:

Spain won... Goodbye Larissa :notagain:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
well found xater, I never seen that before, I do not even remember it

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Vuvuzelas

2vmv708.jpg

148kdh4.jpg

2il0a36.jpg

1432mu1.gif

zindine.gif

Oct 6, 2007
I'm definetly cheering for Netherlands and Spain...dammit I don't want any South American countries to win World Cup again, I'd rather see a country who's never won it before.

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
@rhinosaur - ahahahhahahahaahahah good one!!!!!!

<.< ahhhhh bummer all the three countries i have been cheering for are advancing spain,netherlands and germany >.>

:silence:

oh and btw back to uruguay since i have watched the game over and over again that goal that was blocked with hands by suarez well it was offside :pandalaugh: so actually suarez helped them to have a chance to score and they missed bwhahahahah

ahhh how i love it :tea:

uruguay vs netherlands this tuesday
spain vs germany this wednesday

teh joy 2 days without a game just when i got used to watching them without a headache :notagain:

netherlands probably will win 1:0 i predict

spain vs germany either germany will demolish spain or spain will get lucky again and score a fluke goal <.<

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
teh joy 2 days without a game just when i got used to watching them without a headache

HA HA yes the break will be good for my head. Although I'm sure by the 5th I will be desperate to watch more...

I see a Netherlands vs Germany final.

2-2 after 90 mins, then Germany to score in extra time.

Germany to win 2-3 AET

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
I loved the English fans singing after the GER-ARG game.
"We only lost 4-1, we only lost 4-1..." :yahoo:

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I loved the English fans singing after the GER-ARG game.
"We only lost 4-1, we only lost 4-1..." :yahoo:

Fucking makes me ashamed. I have had to avoid all media comments about England's world cup debacle, it's so pathetic. Why can't we just accept we got fairly beaten by a better team?

:distressed:

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Well, Handyman, you can now look forward to the Rugby World cup safe in the knowledge that at least England won't have to play Germany! :goodboy:

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
here some world cup photos to make you laugh

fifemo_lionemo_messi.jpg

fifemo_waynemorooney.jpg

fifemo_donovemo.jpg

fifemo_ribemory.jpg

fifemo_felipe_melemo.jpg

fifemo_peter_crouchemo.jpg

fifemo_emoo.jpg

fifemo_cristiemo_ronaldo.jpg

fifemo_drogbemo.jpg

fifemo_fabio_capellemo.jpg

fifemo_maradonemo.jpg

fifemo_tiaguemo_leifert.jpg

fifemo_galvao_buemo.jpg

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
he is so sexy you just cant resist him ahahha

DevilXdevil

creatively retarded
Former Staff
Sep 24, 2008
you already did XDDD

anyway it seems germany will lose against spain the octopus paul has picked spain over germany

:notagain:

Teddy2000

a member
Aug 17, 2008
you already did XDDD

anyway it seems germany will lose against spain the octopus paul has picked spain over germany

:notagain:

Someone should tell Paul that he´s living in Germany if he does not wanna play the main role at the next barbecue. :brucelee:

But Paul never failed so far...