Dvd iso jav or encode

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Charming69

Jun 11, 2012
so what i should do?
Better re encode it and save to my HD or just save it iso

If encode what is the best encoder to use and is it fast / slow? Free (at least have crack)

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
Well if you're in the same boat as I was, MakeMKV might work for you. I had a bunch of ISOs but I hated having to mount them and then navigating shitty old school style DVD menus just to watch a video. I just wanted to be able to double click them and play like any other video file. And so someone (you know who you are :)) suggested using MakeMKV, it takes the video and audio from the ISO then puts it in an MKV container with no transcoding so the process is completely lossless but this also means the file size doesn't change much either. What you're left with is an MKV file you can just double-click and play with no loss in quality.

I've only been doing this for about 2 weeks, but so far it's been great. If you don't care about file size and just want the best possible quality without having to deal with a cumbersome ISO file, this might be the option for you.

But if you want a balance between file size and quality, you can always just use Handbrake. That's what I've been using up until MakeMKV.

FYI for best settings on Handbrake follow this: http://www.thewebernets.com/2015/02...vd-video-conversion-on-mac-windows-and-linux/

Last edited:
Reactions: ding73ding

Charming69

Jun 11, 2012
Thx a lot but can encode size surpass iso size?= higher quality than the iso? Is that possible os limiting my iso quaolity?

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
Thx a lot but can encode size surpass iso size?= higher quality than the iso? Is that possible os limiting my iso quaolity?
No. It is impossible to get better quality than the source, which in this case is the ISO. Increasing the file size larger than the ISO will not increase the quality, you will just be wasting hard drive space.

Last edited:
Reactions: ding73ding

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Yeah... I have downloaded a few ISO, seems to be showing up recently. No watermark, guaranteed (?) Takes a bit of work. I use DVDShrink (yeah, old school) to make a VOB. Then Bigasoft Total Video Converter, theoretically re-encode is a bit lossy but DVD's Mpeg2 (?) is really too old, too bulky. I encode to H264 (720x480) at 1500kbps, MP3 audio with 96kbps etc. Only yesterday I think I've perfected the settings. I'm going to compress all the ISO to mp4 for about 1.35GB per 2 hours vid. Also trim off the censor's notice at the beginning and end.

So as I understand... most (all?) censored JAV out there are based on DVD releases right? Are there real original source that's HD? I don't mean someone taking a DVD (ISO) and upsample it to 1920x1080 (which is really stupid). As I understand, the source is DVD (not Blueray) so there's no sense to download any so-called FHD vids, is there? I'm a little confused.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
The FHD are from digital copies that have been un-DRMed in some way. Usually now by screen capture programs. Plus, I don't think all of what comes out is sourced from DVD, but I might be wrong. :cool: