The Needs, Wants, and Uses of FULL HD

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
FULL HD 1080p JAV is nice; really nice. It comes at a price, though. Size. And for a lot of folks, size matters when it comes to storage space or bandwidth or both. I am eternally grateful for those who share such titles with the community. So if you are one of them...thank you.

I have always enjoyed JAV where and how I could get it. The higher the quality the better. But even then, a decent encode in SD suits me fine. I have a good library of such titles. HD titles are beginning to fill my hard drives recently. The thing is, I usually re-encode them to SD @60fps for other uses. And to keep within HD standards, I re-encode to 720p @60fps for use on my TV because my WDTV doesn't handle FULL HD @60fps very well. A bit choppy. So basically I use 1080p files as source files for anything else I do.

I have re-encoded for my TV, PC and mobile devices and keep the FULL HD master files on a separate HDD. Whenever I find a title available in HD I jettison the SD version. Of course, I end up recreating an SD version at some point, but @60fps. That's like mini-HD.

Some FULL HD titles get up 7GB and beyond depending on the length of the title. So it can take a while to gather a library together. But gather I do...and the more I do the more I struggle with the reasons I do. I currently have 1.7 TB of content in FULL HD or 720p. Most I haven't had a chance to view and/or re-encode. But they are there when I can get to them. As a collector and lover of JAV it is just nice knowing they are there. And again, I thank all who help make them available to us.

Do you have a library of 1080p titles on the rise? Or do you not see a need for them depending on your situation?

Do you use them as source files for other endeavors? Or just enjoy them as-is?

Below are some references to the 60fps process if you are interested.

JAV60, SmartScene, and MobileHD - MP4 Files ADDED!
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1283918

60fps File Conversion - FINALLY a Guide! The Keys to the Kingdom
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1284957

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
First of all...I'm sure everyone will wonder "Why? Why bother? Why take the time?"

I happened onto this, didn't really plan it. I had a 1024x576 60fps full length title I encoded from a 1080p FHD source. Using TMPGEnc I was able to create a compliant DVD with interlaced video (thanks to the source being 60fps) that actually looks like a commercial DVD. Not like when you take an SD rip and then encode it back to MPG/VOB. Interesting outcome. Probably won't do it again, but it was a surprising result. :study::perfectplan:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
For those that archive out their FHD titles to DVD or other optical media, do you split the files as-is? Or do you RAR them up in pieces and then burn them.

Especially titles that are larger than standard single layer DVD.