60fps File Conversion - FINALLY a Guide! The Keys to the Kingdom

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
picture.php

I have removed my past commentary and left the link to the conversion information. Below will be samples to showcase the results of 60fps conversion.

*Original Content: I can tell you that it requires little in the way of tools, which are all FREE, and so long as you can follow instructions accompanied by screenshots you should do just fine. It is actually really easy. The only limitation would be your PC performance, but only in that slower PCs will encode for longer durations than faster ones.

This can truly breathe new life into your library.

Convert videos to 60fps
http://www.spirton.com/convert-videos-to-60fps/

The guy who created the guide is super nice and very knowledgeable. He's always willing to help as you will see. But if he can't get to you I will try my best as I have been doing this a while, you can always post here or PM me.

Here are some examples of what the above guide can help you accomplish.

ADDED 09/08/2013
attachment.php

Madonna | JUFD-065 | 480p | 45sec | 1927 Kbps | 11.6 MB > and example of breathing new life into an old title.
http://ryushare.com/qxqs9rmi9j9c/JUFD-065_60fps.mkv

HD

Moodyz | MIAD-626 | 720p | 10sec | 6770 Kbps | 8.52 MB (Original 1080p source 5744 Kbps)
http://ryushare.com/wsi92py7obl1/MIAD-626_10sec.mkv

Knights Visual | KV-043 | 720p | 10sec | 5246 Kbps | 7.23 MB (Original 720p source 4000 Kbps)
http://ryushare.com/xn7kxag1qzsj/KV-043-1_10sec.mkv

HQ

ABC | BOBB-046 | 800x488 | 12sec | 2817 Kbps | 4.55 MB (Original 800x488 source 2872Kbps)
http://ryushare.com/v7bn1w0wmlhm/BOBB-046_12sec.mkv

SD

ABC | OKSN-153 | 720x400 | 10sec | 1813 Kbps | 2.37 MB (Original 720x480 source 1800Kbps) * from agogo.tv
http://ryushare.com/dnmuojz7loyr/OKSN-152_10sec.mkv

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I had seen one uncensored site using 60fps videos. (Gachinco) Now it seems Caribbeancom is jumping on the bandwagon. They, however, have the gear to create WMV@60fps. Looks nice.

I wonder if over time places like DMM will offer up such videos. Hmmm...until then, I'll be using the steps above to create mine. :joker:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
mrblah, thanks for the link. I came across that not long ago actually but got scared off by all the issues being posted, so I stuck with this process. The guide I pointed to isn't for realtime playing in a player. Not sure if that is what you meant. At any rate I hope you've had success with the link you posted? Have you played with the process much?

I tried doing this in a player but it was a pain and too slow, so this is a good alternative. At the bottom of the page someone posted this http://highframerate.wordpress.com/interframegui-download/

its a lot easier and does audio all at once

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008

iori11

Nov 25, 2009
Added a JAV60 encode of [MIDD-977] Hitomi Tanaka One Day with Hitomi from a FHD 1080p source.

Here is the thread.
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328075

Look for the JAV60 logo
picture.php

:puzzled: what about the file size after conversion? Bigger i assume? Let's see...:scared: oh god it is almost double the size so not converting my collection right now :notagain: but you are right it look pretty neat.

Also it make it slower to browse videos like that

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Remember, the source was a 1080p FHD file.

Preview source file size: WMV 35MB (1080p) 5744kbs 30fps
Preview file size: MKV 20.3MB (1024x576) 3304kbs 60fps

Depends on what you're after. What do you mean by browse videos slower?

:puzzled: what about the file size after conversion? Bigger i assume? Let's see...:scared: oh god it is almost double the size so not converting my collection right now :notagain: but you are right it look pretty neat.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Also, you can choose the file size you want during conversion, so you can keep the size the same. The bitrate might suffer some, but you can compromise and get a slightly bigger file with good results. The time to convert is longer though, but if size is an issue that is the way to go. :study:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
maschi, they should turn out pretty nice! I check almost every day here, so let me know if you need help. You might want to use YAMB and clip a part of an MP4 file or asfbin to cut a piece of a WMV file and experiment first.

Have fun and let me know if I can help! :eek:k:

maschi

Sensei
Jun 9, 2008
maschi, they should turn out pretty nice! I check almost every day here, so let me know if you need help. You might want to use YAMB and clip a part of an MP4 file or asfbin to cut a piece of a WMV file and experiment first.

Have fun and let me know if I can help! :eek:k:

Thanks! :eek:k:

It's awesome! It does take time though (and I have a loooooooooot of movies to encode)

I also cut out the parts I like so it's not entire movies, thank god.

Anyway, it works pretty fine but it's kind of "sensitive". I realized after a lot of testing that the program won't work if the movie file is in a folder with japanese name (in kana).
All of my JAVs are in a folder with a name written in kana (at least I think that's a correct way to describe it :D ). However, if I copy the file to a folder with western test it works.. Reeeeeeally suspicious! :D

I've also noticed that the quality of the processed movie is slightly less crisp than the original. Maybe I need to configure someting.

Either way, it's awesome! :joker::gayprance:

maschi

Sensei
Jun 9, 2008
This is f*cking awesome! :sadomaso: It works great! The movies run so smooth! :joker:
Why haven't I tried this before?! :notagain: I have known about this for a long time but never tried it.

I figured out that if I put 16 on "target quality" in the encoder setup I will get better quality.

I tried to put an insane high value in bitrate aswell but my 500 mb file turned into 2,5 gb file and it took almost 30 min to complete. :D

I'll stick with the "16 on target quality" mode. Works fine.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
@maschi

OUTSTANDING!! Glad you decided to try it. It makes for some amazing images, huh? Yes, that mode is a good trade off of size and quality. Guess the guy had experimented and found that balance for us.:perfectplan:

maschi

Sensei
Jun 9, 2008
One thing that bugs me though is that it feels like the movie slightly fastfowards.

I know it doesn't because I've played two of the the same movie side by side,
one standard fps and one 60 fps and they have identical speed (at least in my opinion). :study:

But it still feels like it. Do you agree or is it just me? :puzzled:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I used to notice something similar when converting MP4 files when I first started, not so much WMV files. But I haven't noticed it much anymore. Could be the PC performance "catching up" the video/audio sync...or it could be something else.

Just curious, are you converting the 1080p to 1080p @60fps? Or reducing the resolution to 720p or something else? My gear can't handle FHD so I go to 720p or 1024.

One thing that bugs me though is that it feels like the movie slightly fastfowards.

I know it doesn't because I've played two of the the same movie side by side,
one standard fps and one 60 fps and they have identical speed (at least in my opinion). :study:

But it still feels like it. Do you agree or is it just me? :puzzled:

maschi

Sensei
Jun 9, 2008
I used to notice something similar when converting MP4 files when I first started, not so much WMV files. But I haven't noticed it much anymore. Could be the PC performance "catching up" the video/audio sync...or it could be something else.

Just curious, are you converting the 1080p to 1080p @60fps? Or reducing the resolution to 720p or something else? My gear can't handle FHD so I go to 720p or 1024.

Yes I keep the ratio. Some of my movies are 1080p, some 720p, some smaller. But I do keep the ratio. :sadomaso:

Hmm well most of my clips are AVI becuase I've edited the movie parts in Avidemux (awesome movie editor), but the same thing happens with MKV files as well, so..

About the fastfowarding stuff, it HAS to be in my imagination. The movie DOES NOT play faster. I guess it's just that I'm not used to 60fps movies.

I tried with a real movie, or rather an episode of Dexter. It look good, but still it looked rushed. I don't know if I like it or not. :D