Download Torrent Files Hassle-Free with BTaccel

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ikanbibi

Sep 11, 2007
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/totally-hassle-free-torrent-downloading-with-btaccel-free-invites/
I’m a big fan of the BitTorrent protocol despite its bad rap. Devised as a method to distribute large files without using up too much bandwidth, it’s become a hit for all the right and wrong reasons. It’s unfortunate that using BitTorrent can be so difficult: Tracker? Seeding? Port forwarding? Why did my ISP block my download, even though the files were legal?

BTaccel, a browser-based and remotely hosted BitTorrent client, can help to make things far easier. Feed it a link to a torrent and it does all of the P2P wizardry automatically, downloads the file and prepares it for you to grab off their servers via HTTP.

In order to use it to download torrent files, you’ll need to sign up with an invitation. Lucky for you, I’ve managed to get 150 free invites just for MakeUseOf readers! You may get it at the end of this article but continue reading to find out what BTaccel can do.

First, the user interface is Google-simple. You have an account link at the top, and a box in the center where you enter a URL or keyword. You can search by keyword, browse a website by proxy or paste in a direct link to a .torrent file.

Browsing torrent tracker sites via the proxy is a bit hit-and-miss in this alpha release. Sometimes, it will pick up a clicked torrent link, but not always. Your best bet is to browse the tracker in a separate window, copy the torrent link’s location and paste it into BTaccel.

After you’ve chosen a torrent, the next screen you see will be a summary of the torrent’s contents. Once the download from the swarm is complete, you can be alerted by email, and then you may download torrent files individually, or download a single compressed ZIP of all the files packed together.

To view the torrents currently in your download queue, hit the Home page and you’ll be presented with a list of your torrents and their progress.

What makes BTaccel so great is the fact that your system won’t be bogged-down with uploading and downloading. Once the torrent is finished, you’ll have a direct download from BTaccel’s servers (which must be completed within 72 hours). Another advantage is the fact that you can start a torrent from any computer with a browser and then finish the transfer at home, when it’s convenient.

In comparison to using a traditional BitTorrent client, BTaccel offers users an advantage on ease-of-use. For those interested in the protocol, we have plenty of BT-related material on MUO, especially The Big Book of BitTorrent, which I consider a must-read. How do you like your BitTorrent? Let us know in the comments.

We’ve got your hookup for the first 150 users to sign up with alpha invite code “100GBmakeuseof150”. If you’ve missed out, follow @btaccel on Twitter for a chance to score a code.

HI,who use this before??? any others programme like this one..please tell me thanks

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
signed up and the code worked! damn I must have been lucky! This is good news for the people who have a crappy connection like me. However, I wonder if it seeds the torrent a couple of timess. The torrent network's reputation is based on good seeders, with out seeds torrents are useless.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
Just downloaded KBOOT10.ISO with this but guess what, the service downloaded the torrent complete, its available for download but I can't even download it to my system. Its 100% complete and when I click on the download URL, it just sends me to some blank page with an input box having the URL link and a button that says proxy, I click the button but nothing happens. Waste of my time.

Jul 1, 2009
This service looks like an easy target for takedown notices since they download the content and then distribute it... so they are even more involved in the process than a filehoster like RapidShare.

I'd say it's more fruitful to get help with your BitTorrent client setup than to bother with something like this.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
I actually use it all the time now, I downloaded 3 big 4+gb torrents today and had a lucky catch with a miho kaneko one, no waiting time, already in the cache, all I had to do was click and download, sweet.

LonelyTony84

Jan 17, 2010
This service is very good, I've been using it a couple months.