Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

mod_man86

May 23, 2010
I'm having problems with speed on r18.com. I used to be able to download files at around the 1mb/s mark. Now I'm lucky if I get 100kb/s. My internet speed isn't an issue; other sites work fine and download quickly. Then when I do download something it doesn't play properly. I downloaded the new player and all, but still no good. It's a pain when I've gone and paid for a movie and I can't watch it.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I'm having problems with speed on r18.com. I used to be able to download files at around the 1mb/s mark. Now I'm lucky if I get 100kb/s. My internet speed isn't an issue; other sites work fine and download quickly. Then when I do download something it doesn't play properly. I downloaded the new player and all, but still no good. It's a pain when I've gone and paid for a movie and I can't watch it.

What are you located at and what OS are you using?
Could you describe a bit better what are the issue playing the movies? PLease give me the movie ID also if possible. I will investigate

mod_man86

May 23, 2010
Ok. I'm located in Australia. The problem isn't with the movies themselves, but the fact they download so slowly and often stop before fully downloaded. I'm using Windows 7.
I recently had to download a clip in much lower quality, but it seems to be working a bit better. The clip is kar00662dmb2. I originally downloaded the HD version, but it would go past 10 minutes. The new download as at 1500 and it works ok, but the quality isn't nearly as good. I'm yet to redownload the first part, which also had an issue.

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
Thansk!
it is Ipz-588 HD version, by Jessica kizca, using Dmm player. Purchased 3 days ago at full cost. If possible....plz provide wmv compatible version in Dmm purchased video column, so that customer like me can choose........
And overall Dmm player is much worse than WMP, WMP played well even in old PC, and DMM player, just as other silverlight player, is jerky, slow. It really made customer unsatisfied.
Lol so u bought it finally.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Ok. I'm located in Australia. The problem isn't with the movies themselves, but the fact they download so slowly and often stop before fully downloaded. I'm using Windows 7.
I recently had to download a clip in much lower quality, but it seems to be working a bit better. The clip is kar00662dmb2. I originally downloaded the HD version, but it would go past 10 minutes. The new download as at 1500 and it works ok, but the quality isn't nearly as good. I'm yet to redownload the first part, which also had an issue.

Are you downloading multiple files at a time?

Please check some limitations that windows has with multiple downloads:
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-number-simultaneous-downloads-chrome-68984.html

And browser limitations:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/282402
http://ccm.net/faq/32938-google-chrome-allow-websites-to-perform-simultaneous-downloads

Reactions: clemenceko

mod_man86

May 23, 2010
No. I'm not trying to download multiple files at once. I bought a new router and it seems to be doing the trick. Downloads are still slow, but at least they're finishing and they're not corrupt. Probably a problem with the internet here.

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
But why is R player/ DMM player playback so stuttery/laggy?? I aint even mad about new DRM. Just that the proprietary media players suck

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
It does not make any fucking sense that we are paying same, or even more than before, only to experience lagginess/ stuttering with the lousy new DMM/R Player. FIX UR SHIT PPL

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
1)

1) dmm.co.jp using proxy
2) dmm player not r player
3) jerky on downloaded video (hd) and when dragging to time point
4) os: window 7 64 bit with video card, i 7
5) i understand no more window support in mid july. I just think if possible to allow me to view using wmp at least before july for ipz 588. So that i can watch this in my computer even after mid july. As the licensing check only for first time play for purchased video.
This movie started on market since 27-6, so it means to me at that time there is wmp compatible version existing. So why not allow paid user to choose between wmp / dmm player version before official end date on mid july?
Isnt that more reasonable? Two version optional now until the end day on mid july?
Yea for once i agree with you. DMM player is jerky, unbearably laggy.

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
Having the same issues as well, also no option to resize to actual movie size instead it resized to full desktop so it looks all wrong (different aspect ratio / stretched out).

Please fix the DMM player as right now I'm not buying any other movies as the ones I bought can't be played right due to stuttering playback so not really worth it.
Same issue bro. DMM player sucks fat balls

musical88

Oct 2, 2008
For the US$0.90 trial channel promotion on the R18.com website, does it allow downloading of HD movies? Or is the trial limited to streaming only?

What sort of download speeds can be achieved from the R18.com website?

hotan13

Sep 14, 2008
For the US$0.90 trial channel promotion on the R18.com website, does it allow downloading of HD movies? Or is the trial limited to streaming only?

What sort of download speeds can be achieved from the R18.com website?
No HD download obviously.

musical88

Oct 2, 2008
So you are entitled to download the HD version when you subscribe for the full monthly package?

What sort of download speeds can you get from the R18.com servers? No point subscribing for the HD versions if it is going to take forever to download one 5-6GB title.

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
I had to disable my VLC plugin for Firefox just to get the download links working. With plugin enabled it just opened the VLC box instead of the download one.

Also, R player is woeful, it has no options whatsoever, can't load subtitles, can't adjust color/saturation/... nothing.

Edit: One more thing I noticed, I am subscribed for notifications but it seems I never get any messages/alerts about new releases.

Last edited:

javboy2014

Mar 17, 2014
It will be out of question that I order from R18 if I can't UnDRM the files !
I ordered a lot last month to do that, now I wait if someone find a solution.
It really SUCKS that the paying way have more of inconvenient that the free version !
(and we find at least 80% or 90% of JAV for free)

Also some browsers will be dropping silverlight support so you'll lose streaming options too.

If they're sticking to the DRM path inevitably they will have to release their own hardware/software as supported operating systems / platforms get ever narrower with many of the supported devices being dropped in future.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
'Ello,

Reason why this thread got started (how to access DMM from other countries, USA in my case) has now become a memory, so I'm not expecting a solution... now that minds are on other things in regards to DMM. Yet it can't hurt to ask... I suppose.

Got a new computer, and with that came the latest version of Firefox (in my previous computer, I was happy with an older version, because an add-on I liked wouldn't work with the newer versions). I followed the great tips presented on the first couple of pages of this thread (I would recommend outside-of-Japan members to make a note of these instructions, in case Akiba-Online has access problems), ditch the cookies, add the suggested lines to Adblock, and yakkity-yak.

Now I can't click on anything within the DMM page. (I can't get the cursor to appear either, in the search bar - so it's more than just not being able to click.) There are some help pages out there in regards to non-clickability in Firefox, but these mostly address the problem with all sites. I have no problem with any other site; just DMM.

I followed the instructions for Chrome, and that's what I've been using when I visit DMM, but I prefer Firefox. Any ideas on how Firefox may get responsive with DMM again?

Thanks.

EDIT: Ain't that grand of Codegeek to look into the problem? Much appreciated, CG. In case of confusion, I did get Firefox to access DMM, and got rid of that welcome sign that gives the English-Japanese choice. It's just that once I'm in DMM, and able to travel around freely, I can't click on or write anything. I suspect, perhaps, there is something in Adblock that may be getting in the way -- and when it comes to Adblock, I'm a blockhead.

Last edited:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
'Ello,

Reason why this thread got started (how to access DMM from other countries, USA in my case) has now become a memory, so I'm not expecting a solution... now that minds are on other things in regards to DMM. Yet it can't hurt to ask... I suppose.

Got a new computer, and with that came the latest version of Firefox (in my previous computer, I was happy with an older version, because an add-on I liked wouldn't work with the newer versions). I followed the great tips presented on the first couple of pages of this thread (I would recommend outside-of-Japan members to make a note of these instructions, in case Akiba-Online has access problems), ditch the cookies, add the suggested lines to Adblock, and yakkity-yak.

Now I can't click on anything within the DMM page. (I can't get the cursor to appear either, in the search bar - so it's more than just not being able to click.) There are some help pages out there in regards to non-clickability in Firefox, but these mostly address the problem with all sites. I have no problem with any other site; just DMM.

I followed the instructions for Chrome, and that's what I've been using when I visit DMM, but I prefer Firefox. Any ideas on how Firefox may get responsive with DMM again?

Thanks.
Hm, that's odd as my Firefox browser still works with DMM. I hope you didn't just ditch the cookies but also deleted them if they have been already set.
As soon as I'm back from work I will have a look into it.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
It will be out of question that I order from R18 if I can't UnDRM the files !
I ordered a lot last month to do that (to UnDRM the movies when we still can), now I wait if someone find a solution...
It really SUCKS that the paying way have more of inconvenient that the free version !
(and we find at least, I think, 80% or 90% of JAV for free)
What do you want to do with your movie that you cannot do with your DRM version now?

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I had to disable my VLC plugin for Firefox just to get the download links working. With plugin enabled it just opened the VLC box instead of the download one.

Also, R player is woeful, it has no options whatsoever, can't load subtitles, can't adjust color/saturation/... nothing.

Edit: One more thing I noticed, I am subscribed for notifications but it seems I never get any messages/alerts about new releases.
Subtitles option will be coming soon ;)