Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

hana897

give me a bite
Aug 12, 2015
Ignore that fucktard lol
why ignore that ... ? that user is right, i did use xcream and superav too (superav is down i think), nothing wrong with these sites... Let's focus on that annoying silverlight thing instead :)

Last edited:

hana897

give me a bite
Aug 12, 2015
Yeap hahaha. *Sighs*. Hope DMM remove Silverlight usage soon. Or else we'll all be paying for laggy video forever
they will never remove the silverlight license because it protect them against hackers which is not bad. Even worst, they have updated their watching system, silverlight is even stronger but again, it's normal to protect movies. You can search for others who doesn't use silverlight :)

hana897

give me a bite
Aug 12, 2015
Superav does not have the license to sell this movies. At least not for the major studios like MOODYZ, S1, Idea Poket, OPPAI, Kira Kira etc. This content is being sold illegally.
i dont know if they need a license but they have very kind service at least (but i think their site is down since few days unfortunately). Not to be rude but as a user, do we really care if them or them have a license or not ? the topic here is all about watching movies without the silverlight system ... There much bigger site than superav on the web that provide movie similar as dmm without license and without silverlight. Just google it and you will get at least 10 seller. And even the 3 giant adult tube (no need to name them) provide movie without any license and without silverlight. But again, we only care about this silverlight thing... The future belong to providers who think for the users and not for their own pocket ... :)

FlexMuscles

Gym Maniac
Aug 12, 2015
Superav does not have the license to sell this movies. At least not for the major studios like MOODYZ, S1, Idea Poket, OPPAI, Kira Kira etc. This content is being sold illegally.
Who care about license (what is license by the way ah ah joke, too much creatine), just check here on that forum bro, thousand of torrent giving away dmm movies... no need site like the one you mention above "sup**" or not even need all the other site like them over the web, torrent do the job already... is it true or false ? We will all be sad once torrents will disappear, we will be force to use your silverlight movies (fact: does it make sense dmm is on that forum among all these torrents?) license is nothing (do you worry more about your license than your users?), what is a big deal though: dmm silverlight and the provider of torrent, no need a brain to know that. I flex my muscle for you! cheers bro!

weiwei0421

Jul 8, 2011
does anyone has any idea when is R player version 1.5.0.8 will be released?
I have been waiting for ages for R player to at least be able to play smoothly.
The main issue here is the laggy playback, and at least that should be solved first before adding any other supplementary features.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
hana897 and FlexMuscles, this thread is about DMM and not about promoting other services - especially not these without a proper license.
I also don't understand the Silverlight problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Silverlight
Microsoft announced the end of life of Silverlight 5 in 2012. In 2013, Microsoft announced that they had ceased development of Silverlight except for patches and bugfixes. Silverlight is no longer supported in Chrome on OS X, while support for Silverlight in Chrome on all other operating systems was disabled by default in April 2015 and will be removed completely in September 2015. Microsoft has set the support end date for Silverlight 5 to be October 2021. In 2015, Microsoft announced that since support for ActiveX will be discontinued with Microsoft Edge, Silverlight will not be supported in that browser.
Silverlight is dead anyway. So sooner or later everyone will move from that technique to another. And as HTML5 videos also can contain DRM (at least Firefox supports DRM out of the box using the "Primetime Content Decryption Module" plug-in) maybe some will switch to HTML5.

FlexMuscles

Gym Maniac
Aug 12, 2015
hana897 and FlexMuscles, this thread is about DMM and not about promoting other services - especially not these without a proper license.
I also don't understand the Silverlight problem: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Silverlight

Silverlight is dead anyway. So sooner or later everyone will move from that technique to another. And as HTML5 videos also can contain DRM (at least Firefox supports DRM out of the box using the "Primetime Content Decryption Module" plug-in) maybe some will switch to HTML5.
jzzz i didnt promote anyone ! dont take it personal bro, i flex my muscle for you !

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
Nice seeing the summer sale, grabbed some stuff.
It seems new Apache movies aren't being added to r18.com at all, latest 40+ are missing. And what's with V&R, it seems only a couple of catalogues are on there while others are missing (VANDR, VRXS,...) I know there's Products and Produce but in the end it should be the same company :/

I've seen HD titles around the web, but they're not being sold in HD on DMM or R18, does anyone have an idea where those were/could be bought? for example MXGS-557, probably a ton of other Maxing videos, same with Prestige's Absolute and a ton of other Prestige videos,...

Last edited:

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
i dont know if they need a license but they have very kind service at least (but i think their site is down since few days unfortunately). Not to be rude but as a user, do we really care if them or them have a license or not ? the topic here is all about watching movies without the silverlight system ... There much bigger site than superav on the web that provide movie similar as dmm without license and without silverlight. Just google it and you will get at least 10 seller. And even the 3 giant adult tube (no need to name them) provide movie without any license and without silverlight. But again, we only care about this silverlight thing... The future belong to providers who think for the users and not for their own pocket ... :)

Sure they need a license to sell someone else content.
You should care as a user because your are paying to get the content from superav. The money you are spending is going to some illegal site and that is all. The original studios and actresses are not getting any money from this illegal site that you are spending money anyway so it does not help to the industry to create more movies.
If you are spending money at least make sure they money will be for the industry and not from someone that pirated the movies and sell it.

This other similar to DMM sites that you mention will not offer some of the biggest studios as I mentioned before; S1, MOODYZ, Kira Kira, Roky, kawaii, EBODY, SOD etc. This studios do not offer the content without DRM.

Sure, studios need to think about the users as well as they have to think about collecting enough money to be able to produce another. If everyone just download from torrent sites or Tube sites and the Studios does not make any money it is not possible to produce more movies.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
And then the site dies due to lack of content and the posters and leechers move to another site and nothing really changes...

Reactions: Casshern2

Justme4jav

May 25, 2014
R18,

I was advised to post this here after posting it on another thread. You responded to me on the "official site links" thread that the movies I am looking for from those studios should be on your site. But the movies I want from those studios are not on your site. In fact I have a 6-7 movies including one being released this week that I am dying to get. As much as I don't like the new r18 player, I would buy them all from your site instantly if you made them available because I can't find them anywhere. So, is there a way to request you provide certain movies for purchase on R18.com?

Regarding the player, I too am interested in what will happen once Silverlite is done. Actually surprised it hasn't been discontinued by now but expect it won't be too long. For now though, please update the R18 player with stability fixes and a play speed option. Thanks

Reactions: hotan13

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015

Sure! HTML5 is the way to go and Im sure we will go for it when all the browsers support HTML5 EME/MSE and DASH. It is closer every day but at the moment is just a W3C draft.

Now, the most important point to understand here is that most of the users are complaining about downloads and R/DMM Player. HTML5 does not help for downloaded content. Widevine could be a solution but it still require to build a new player based on widevine.

Reactions: Casshern2

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
R18,

I was advised to post this here after posting it on another thread. You responded to me on the "official site links" thread that the movies I am looking for from those studios should be on your site. But the movies I want from those studios are not on your site. In fact I have a 6-7 movies including one being released this week that I am dying to get. As much as I don't like the new r18 player, I would buy them all from your site instantly if you made them available because I can't find them anywhere. So, is there a way to request you provide certain movies for purchase on R18.com?

Regarding the player, I too am interested in what will happen once Silverlite is done. Actually surprised it hasn't been discontinued by now but expect it won't be too long. For now though, please update the R18 player with stability fixes and a play speed option. Thanks

Which are the movies you are looking for? I will take a look and see if we have a license contract with that studio.

As far as I remember you were looking for this studios:

http://www.r18.com/videos/vod/movie...ize=30/price=all/sort=new/type=studio/page=1/
http://www.r18.com/videos/vod/movie...ize=30/price=all/sort=new/type=studio/page=1/

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Sure! HTML5 is the way to go and Im sure we will go for it when all the browsers support HTML5 EME/MSE and DASH. It is closer every day but at the moment is just a W3C draft.
[...]
As far as I know it's already out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5
Now they are working on HTML 5.1 and 5.2. Firefox already supports HTML 5 and it seems Opera is doing that also. And I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies also to Chrome, especially as e.g. YouTube already uses these techniques like the video extension (they have a HTML based video player for some time now). I'm not sure about Internet Explorer, but I guess Edge also supports it.

[...]
Now, the most important point to understand here is that most of the users are complaining about downloads and R/DMM Player. HTML5 does not help for downloaded content. Widevine could be a solution but it still require to build a new player based on widevine.
Yes, that's right: It's an online solution and not meant for offline viewing - also it would be possible, but maybe not very convenient for the customer.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
As far as I know it's already out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5
Now they are working on HTML 5.1 and 5.2. Firefox already supports HTML 5 and it seems Opera is doing that also. And I wouldn't be surprised if the same applies also to Chrome, especially as e.g. YouTube already uses these techniques like the video extension (they have a HTML based video player for some time now). I'm not sure about Internet Explorer, but I guess Edge also supports it.

HTML5 video extension is out but what we need is add the DRM to the movies also what is why we need HTML5 EME.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypted_Media_Extensions

This is the same technology that Netflix uses to protect their content.
Depending of the browser they offer HTML5 video or Silverlight for the browsers that does not support HTML5 EME:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742

Reactions: CodeGeek

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
HTML5 video extension is out but what we need is add the DRM to the movies also what is why we need HTML5 EME.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Encrypted_Media_Extensions

This is the same technology that Netflix uses to protect their content.
Depending of the browser they offer HTML5 video or Silverlight for the browsers that does not support HTML5 EME:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/23742
Thanks for the explanation as well as for the links. :)
Seems the only problem are older browsers (which people shouldn't use anymore at all for their own security).
I'm amazed that Netflix doesn't support Firefox (I mean without the Silverlight plug-in). Firefox supports EME.
Buuut: http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/12/firefox-38/
So it seems that it works starting with Firefox 38 also it isn't officially listed.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
nmnmn
Thanks for the explanation as well as for the links. :)
Seems the only problem are older browsers (which people shouldn't use anymore at all for their own security).
I'm amazed that Netflix doesn't support Firefox (I mean without the Silverlight plug-in). Firefox supports EME.
Buuut: http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/12/firefox-38/
So it seems that it works starting with Firefox 38 also it isn't officially listed.

Seems it is just a test and you cannot use Firefox without Silverlight to watch Netflix.
Take a look here to the official answers to the same topic you mentioned:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1061711

It will be interesting when All the browsers support EME

Reactions: CodeGeek