Disc or Digital?

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
I prefer digital. Only because I find that sooner or later, it'll be the way of the future. It's convenient to some degree also. I'm not fussed on investing money into collector's editions and all of that jazz..only because if I have the game itself, than I'm pleased enough as it is.

Reactions: genki_desu

genki_desu

Jul 17, 2013
I also prefer digital, I tend to lose things and that isn't a problem with a digital format since I can just download the game, you also don't have to worry about the wear and tear that occurs with a disc.

Reactions: Speeny

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
I also prefer digital, I tend to lose things and that isn't a problem with a digital format since I can just download the game, you also don't have to worry about the wear and tear that occurs with a disc.

Totally agree. I think the biggest issue with digital gaming is that people are worried once these companies decide to shut the PSN servers down...(Like they did with the PSP last year) They'll loose all their downloadable content, including games, movies, etc. This isn't the case though. Even on the recently deceased PSP PSN you can still access your downloads whenever you like.

Plus, even if Sony decided to close it's doors one day as a company, there's still a work around. Emulation, etc.
It's quite ironic. Recently they've been able to emulate the Wii U and some commercial games. Although it's awfully buggy still, and there's no audio..it's still good to know. I think you can find more info regarding this on Github.

Emulation is the only way we can preserve these classics for now. I can understand why people appreciate collector's editions and all that jazz, but really all you're paying for is cardboard, cheap plastic, and paper. People need to accept the fact that the digital future is inevitable. Cinemas over here in Australia are getting less business because of home media streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. I don't even remember the last time I saw a rental store with anybody in it. (Except for the employees.) :p

Reactions: genki_desu

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I have to admit that - in aspect of gaming - I prefer discs or modules. Of course I also have some emulators and even some USB adapters so I can plug the original controllers on my PC. But from the retro perspective I prefer the real deal. ;)
Ever played an original NES game using a SCART adapter on your 42" TV? It's really an experience. :D

Reactions: Speeny

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
I have to admit that - in aspect of gaming - I prefer discs or modules. Of course I also have some emulators and even some USB adapters so I can plug the original controllers on my PC. But from the retro perspective I prefer the real deal. ;)
Ever played an original NES game using a SCART adapter on your 42" TV? It's really an experience. :D

I still have a bunch of PS2 games up on my shelf. I still collect original Nintendo 3DS games too. :)

Reactions: CodeGeek

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
Correction..DS games.

I think the only downfall with buying digital from the Eshop on the 3DS is that none of the games are physically linked to your account. Once your console dies, the games are gone.

Reactions: CodeGeek