Digital cameras

porkar

Apr 2, 2007
How do you put the film in these new digital cameras?

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
Is not recommended to mix film with digital,
but you can ... use a 35mm film camera and a scanner.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Cf-card.jpg

"Film."

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
How do you put the film in these new digital cameras?

can you be more specific about what "new" digital camera you are talking about? Because if it`s digital,it doesn`t use film but memory card (as shown above in Rollyocs post),if it does use film then it`s analog,not digital camera.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
You open the slot where the battery goes, jam the raw film in there. Don't worry about turning off the lights, the film will still be good no-matter what. Then jam the battery in there ontop of it. If the latch breaks off, it just means that you aren't pushing hard enough.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
aquamarine you are ruthless. Don't ever stop being you.

Us old fogies have a hard time in the new digital age. I still do not own and haven't used a digital camera, ( exception: I did use the one on a cell-phone I had but I never bothered to transfer the images or print them out).

What I think porkar wants to know is how to extract a photo from the digital camera. Having no experience myself I must turn to google:

Most digital cameras use a memory card to store photos. These cards can be easily removed from your camera and inserted into your computer:

Step 1: Remove your camera's memory card.

Step 2: Insert the card into the memory card slot on the front or side of your computer.

Tip: Because there are a few types of memory cards, there may be multiple slots on your computer.

Step 3: Wait a few moments for your computer to recognize the card. The card will then appear in a pop-up window, on your desktop, or on your computer’s hard drive.

Step 4: Once you have located the memory card, use your mouse to click on and drag your photos to a folder, such as the My Pictures folder on your computer (on a Windows PC, the My Pictures folder is an ideal place to keep them).

Not all computers have a slot for your memory card. If your PC doesn’t, you can purchase a separate memory card reader accessory that plugs right into your PC, or learn how to print photos from your memory card without a PC.

source, (this link also offers alternative methods and tips):
http://www.hp.com/united-states/con.../take_better_photos/tips/download_photos.html

porkar

Apr 2, 2007
I think 'aquamarine' is the only 1 who 'gets it' :pandalaugh:

porkar

Apr 2, 2007
Kodak did figure it out but seemed to have "dropped the ball" and fell behind others.

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
I did upgrade my Nikon a bit back.. I had the old D40, and sold it for $250.00 USD, and picked up a 3100 for $349.00

Worked up fine..:study:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
How do you like your 3100? What's good about it? What is it lacking?

WillEater

Mar 13, 2008
I upgraded primarily because the 3100 will shoot HD video and the D40 did not..
Nikon has the quality and feature set I thought I needed.. Nikon even allows firmware upgrades if needed.. (Not many do that) It shoots Raw, excels at HDR and the exposure meter is a lot smarter than I am..:pandalaugh:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Last I heard (few weeks back), Kodak is getting out of filing for bankruptcy and coming back with something or other. Most likely another printing service.

voltesv

Apr 7, 2007
what is the best point and shoot camera now? best colors? i got a canon s95 and thinking of updating

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
The best is the Flazappolino. It's amazing.