1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Digital cameras

Discussion in 'Cameras and Photography' started by porkar, Feb 11, 2012.

1. porkar

porkar New Member

How do you put the film in these new digital cameras?

2. ezepietro

ezepietro (。◕‿◕。)

Is not recommended to mix film with digital,
    but you can ... use a 35mm film camera and a scanner.

3. Rollyco

Rollyco Team Tomoe

[​IMG]

"Film."

4. ane-san

ane-san snow queen

can you be more specific about what "new" digital camera you are talking about? Because if it`s digital,it doesn`t use film but memory card (as shown above in Rollyocs post),if it does use film then it`s analog,not digital camera.

5. aquamarine

aquamarine I Know Better Than You

You open the slot where the battery goes, jam the raw film in there. Don't worry about turning off the lights, the film will still be good no-matter what. Then jam the battery in there ontop of it. If the latch breaks off, it just means that you aren't pushing hard enough.

6. Ceewan

Ceewan Famished

aquamarine you are ruthless. Don't ever stop being you.

Us old fogies have a hard time in the new digital age. I still do not own and haven't used a digital camera, ( exception: I did use the one on a cell-phone I had but I never bothered to transfer the images or print them out).

What I think porkar wants to know is how to extract a photo from the digital camera. Having no experience myself I must turn to google:

source, (this link also offers alternative methods and tips):
    http://www.hp.com/united-states/con.../take_better_photos/tips/download_photos.html

7. porkar

porkar New Member

I think 'aquamarine' is the only 1 who 'gets it' :pandalaugh:

8. WillEater

WillEater Well-Known Member

Ah, if only Kodak had figured this out.. :pandalaugh:

9. porkar

porkar New Member

Kodak did figure it out but seemed to have "dropped the ball" and fell behind others.

10. WillEater

And now, out of business it seems.. :study:

11. WillEater

I did upgrade my Nikon a bit back.. I had the old D40, and sold it for $250.00 USD, and picked up a 3100 for $349.00

Worked up fine..:study:

12. aquamarine

How do you like your 3100? What's good about it? What is it lacking?

13. WillEater

I upgraded primarily because the 3100 will shoot HD video and the D40 did not..
    Nikon has the quality and feature set I thought I needed.. Nikon even allows firmware upgrades if needed.. (Not many do that) It shoots Raw, excels at HDR and the exposure meter is a lot smarter than I am..:pandalaugh:

14. WillEater

15. Kumi3

Kumi3 Flaccid Member

They screwed up with photo-copying as well.

16. WillEater

Last year @ CES in Vegas, Kodak was there with film printing kiosks. WTF were they thinking?

Gone now..

17. aquamarine

Last I heard (few weeks back), Kodak is getting out of filing for bankruptcy and coming back with something or other. Most likely another printing service.

18. voltesv

voltesv Well-Known Member

what is the best point and shoot camera now? best colors? i got a canon s95 and thinking of updating

19. aquamarine

The best is the Flazappolino. It's amazing.

20. voltesv

voltesv Well-Known Member

huh? what is that?