Deleting cache

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
How does one go about deleting cache for downloads that I don't wish to complete or that have already completed?
For example, very often when I enter triggers for certain files I'll get multiple
downloads of the same thing starting. Once a given file completes and I'm happy with the quality, I don't wish to finish the other ones, but how do I get
rid of the cache? My habit up 'til now has always been to just delete the
entire contents of the cache folder and then start anew, but I've got some
files I hope to complete and don't really want to do that. My hd is running out of space though, so I have to do something.
I have the CacheDumpExEro plugin, and I do use it to assemble files that are
missing a few blocks and preview stuff. I also downloaded the OneCache Delete plugin, but can't seem to get it to work. There's a dll for it and an .ini
file which I put in my Share folder, and I added it to the list of plug-ins in the program, but so far it's a no go. Is this plug-in what I need to pick and choose which cache to delete? If so, how do I get it to work? Or do I need something else?
Any help would be appreciated.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Did you set a maximum size of your cache folder ?
You can set a quota in the "folder" tab, selecting the cache folder and editing it.
Doing this will make a purge of all finished files on your cache folder, until it goes down to the quota.
It will NOT delete incomplete files, so the folder size may stay above the quota.

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
Did you set a maximum size of your cache folder ?
You can set a quota in the "folder" tab, selecting the cache folder and editing it.
Doing this will make a purge of all finished files on your cache folder, until it goes down to the quota.
It will NOT delete incomplete files, so the folder size may stay above the quota.
Well I tried that and had no luck. Even setting the maximum cache size a little higher and hitting refresh accomplished nothing. The size of the cache folder is still the same which is currently 151 GB. On a 200 GB drive, this is getting critical!
If anyone can answer my question about OneCacheDelete and if this is what I need to use, as well as how to get it to work, I'd appreciate it. I seriously need to delete some of this cache, hopefully without lsoing the downloads I already have started and want to complete.

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
elgringo is correct in saying that setting cache quota is the best way to limit the size of your cache. OneCacheDelete will allow you to delete odd bits and pieces of files that were partially uploaded to you via DiffuseUp, but it won't really reduce the size of your cache that much.

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
Guess I've got to dump the whole thing then. Apparently there is no way to do what I was asking.
Shame . . .

Fuurin

Jan 27, 2008
You should also realize that there is a time delay between decreasing the cache quota, and the actual time that Share starts deleting old files from your cache. Share will post a note in the log when it starts cleaning your cache. Once it has had a few tries at cleaning the size of the actual cache on your hard drive will shrink down below the quota you set in folders, assuming that you aren't trying to download files that exceed the quota in size. The quota works fine if you give it a chance.

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
You can delete the cache for a file. After finding it in the search view in share,
hit ctrl + delete on the file to delete it from cache.

shift + delete only deletes the database key

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
You can delete the cache for a file. After finding it in the search view in share,
hit ctrl + delete on the file to delete it from cache.

shift + delete only deletes the database key

Can you go into a little more detail about what you mean by the "search feature"? How do I search for cache that's in the cache folder?
I am getting pretty desperate here. It's either someone explains to me a comprehensive way to delete cache only for certain files either using something in the program itself or by way of a plug-in, or I'm once again going to have to dump the whole thing.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
On the search tab, put the name for the file you want to delete.
Be sure that the filter for the "files being downloaded" is on (by clicking on the blue-colored filter if necessary).
I have the french translation of Share, so I don't know the exact name of the filter in english.
The incomplete files (the ones you are downloading) should show up with blue color.
Select the file, and press crtl+del. It will ask you if you want to delete the file.

Et voila !

After that is done, it seems that the corresponding entry in the download tab gets broken, which is no big deal, just remove the entry.

The Prisoner

Number Six
Mar 3, 2008
Thank you - I'm saved now! :happy: