Deleted thread?

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
Hi,

I was searching for a thread I made a while ago in the JAV Discussion forum, titled something like "same girl all day different locations", and it seems to be gone completely.

I searched thoroughly, it is gone. I also looked in the Graveyard forums, although those don't seem to be aimed at discussion threads.

Any help understanding this? Thanks.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
How long ago?

and did you post it in the right section?

the graveyard forums are only torrents that went missing

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
It was probably a month or so back several months ago.

I limit my commenting almost exclusively to the "JAV Discussion" forum, and it was certainly suited to that forum. It was not a hugely popular thread, but it had received some links and crosstalk from other threads I am active in, in the same forum.

Actually, Motiman and I discussed this thread directly in the "continuous sex" thread, and had linked it here. It shows up as "Error: could not be found" now.
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads...ewed-all-day-wherever-she-goes-theme.1487479/

Here are the posts it was mentioned in:
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/continuous-sex-theme.1398473/page-3#post-2914904

Reactions: CoolKevin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
looking into it

no reason yet

Reactions: weppin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
really sorry, no joy yet

gone back 41 pages, 2014-05-22, over 1 year ago still not found,

I would found it if it was deleted in the JAV discussion thread, if it is in another section, please let me know

weppin

Sep 11, 2008
I only started being active in the forums this past January, even though I've been a member for much longer than that (just a lurker).

The thread in question is referenced here, in a post dated Feb. 13.
http://www.akiba-online.com/threads/continuous-sex-theme.1398473/page-3#post-2914904

So, the deleted thread isn't more than four months old.

It's not a teribly big deal, it was just a little side-thread on a narrow JAV theme that interests me, and it had just a handful of replies. But still, I wanted to add to it, and then it was gone. It's just as much strange as it is disappointing, is all.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I am sorry, but somehow the thread no longer exists, I do not have a clue why

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
This is the reason I feel notifications are needed when threads are deleted. I understand that none need to be sent out to spam threads but it would be nice if there was an automated system in place. Having had to deal with tons of spam in the past myself, I understand that mods just don't feel like taking the time to notify people but it really leaves them in the dark and any previous mistakes are likely to be repeated. This is the reason we used to have warning infractions, to let a member know what was a no-no and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Chances are, if your thread was deleted, it violated the rules.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I am not a mod here. I have no idea exactly why the thread was deleted but it didn't delete itself and mods don't delete threads for no reason. They just have too much to do. Jr Idol content is especially sensitive and the thread may have been deleted because too many of the comments or even the subject itself was considered in poor taste. That would be purely at a mods discretion. (Also, don't confuse longevity here with being a good member, some veterans may not be considered as such by the staff.) The very last thing the mods want is to encourage inappropriate behavior in that section.

All that being said, I sympathize with your plight. Very likely you will get a more direct response to your query from a mod when they get around to it.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Reactions: Ceewan

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
notifications can only be given if only a single thread or post will be deleted - which won't happen that much.
there the mods / admins etc. can click "inform user that ... " then you will get a notifiction. (same goes for moving threads)
though this isn't yet possible with using mass-moderation-tools

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Thank you very much

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Now, I am not complaining, I mean where would the use in that be? However, I think if maybe certain mods had their own posts deleted because they were unaesthetic (basically for no reason other than the mod didn't like them) then maybe they would not be so quick to delete posts with such fervor. Seriously, sometimes I think people forget where they came from, even mods were members once.

On the bright side, it is nice to be given the respect of being notified your post was deleted (another experience that a mod should probably share). So, thanks for that (seriously).

It is hard to ignore jibes and slights directed at your own posts, I don't know why I am supposed to actually (I am not sure if any member would know), but a mod does what he does in the best interest of the forum and sometimes deleting posts that are irrelevant to a thread or ones that are causing discourse is a necessary part of his job. I understand and even appreciate that. No one likes to have their posts deleted however and it would be nice if this is kept in mind when these incidents occur. One should not be afraid to say something on the forum for fear that their post will be deleted because of it. That is not a forum people will want to participate in. Visitors may pay the bills but it is the members of this forum that make it worth visiting.