how do I delete my own thread?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
yeah, so I accidently double posted a thread the other day, don't know how but happen it did. I can't seem to find the delete option when I tried to edit it though, shouldn't there be one?

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
no.
:)

just report your thread and it will be removed asap a team-member has the time :)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I did. I kinda thought there might be a bug in the system though, so I made a thread here about it. I understand that editing a thread title has been abused but I am not sure why deleting a thread you started should require mod privledges. Nonetheless, I bow to the wisdom of the forum council on this matter, even if I personally disagree with the logic.

Reactions: CoolKevin

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
in the early times of a-o members could delete their own threads and posts, but we changed that to posts only some years ago already.

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
I understand that editing a thread title has been abused but I am not sure why deleting a thread you started should require mod privledges.
I think it has about the same reasons as with editing a thread. Someone could decide to delete all his work or get hacked by someone who wants to destroy his work. This is especially nasty if the deleted thread includes posts by other users - all their work would be gone, too.
On some of the precious multi-page threads here on Akiba the impact would be devastating.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Oops, that was a typo. I meant editing thread titles (which used to be allowed as well). However, in the old forum at least, deleted threads were recoverable by mods. I have no idea if that is the case here or not though.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
Thread can be recovered - yes.
But unfortinately xenforo does not yet save the original thread-title. And since people abused this function, it's disabled, until this issue is resolved.