How to permanently change the Display Thread Options on the forums?

Artie88

Feb 6, 2009
I would like to change the display thread options on the forums I visit permanently, or rather, change the default for myself.

I can change them for a one-time use each and every time I visit, but would rather not have to go through this every visit.

Can someone show me how to do this?

Thanks

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I am trying to figure out your meaning?

Artie88

Feb 6, 2009
I am trying to figure out your meaning?
Ok.

For instance, the sort order for the default thread display settings in the 'Idol DVD & Bluray Downloads' sub-forum is by Last Message Time.

When I go into that sub-forum, I have the option to change them via the tab at the bottom of the page.

Since I would rather sort by Thread Creation Time, I can change it for that one time visit and I get my preferred sort order.

However, I need to go through this procedure every time I visit that sub-forum, or any other.

This is functional, but not optimal. I would prefer to be able to set my default sort order to Thread Creation Time always without having to go through this routine on every visit.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes the set option does not save, at the moment I do not know if it can save the choice, will be looked into

Reactions: _2old_

Artie88

Feb 6, 2009
yes the set option does not save, at the moment I do not know if it can save the choice, will be looked into
Thanks a lot.

As I said, the option setting is there for now (ok workaround...), but an option to change the defaults per user would be appreciated.

Artie