Breaking News:My News stories not being posted

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
I'm wondering why my news contributions are not being posted. :puzzled:

I posted one last week in the News Forum about Japanese cellphones now come installed with radiation detecting Geiger Counters. It has to be posted by a moderator and it has never appeared.

I also posted one the other day about a Japanese restuarant that serves live frogs. That one has yet to appear.

Any reason why?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
The Geiger counter smartphone story was posted previously by ardo, and your dead frog post was likely judged "too gross" for promoting to the home page. A judgement I agree with.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I was one of them that deleted the dead frog one

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
any news thread at first runs into moderation queue and a staff member has to and will decide whether it is posted or not, because too much nonsense, non japanese informations or just crap has been posted there already.

And we prefer Muppet Show Kermit staying alive...

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
I posted a news article yesterday about Japans tsunami debris floating onto US shores carrying numerous plant and animal life that can really mess up the US ecosystem.
Pretty serious article but alas, I see you decided not to post it. Something tells me there may be an underlying reason unbeknownst to me that might be more than "eating live frogs", or "Geiger counters in cellphones" that has already been posted (although I could not locate it) that may be swaying you to delete my stories, might even be personal in nature.

I just thought some News can be serious but some can be light hearted and funny like ardos, "Man cooks his own cock and balls". Nothing distasteful about that, eh.

I've been posting articles in the News section for three years now and enjoyed being a contributor to the board. I never had a problem until the past few weeks where three consecutive articles were tossed out. So be it.

I will let you decide which articles to post and I will enjoy responding to the posters News articles that you do let in. No problem.
It does take time to gather the articles and post them and now you have freed me up to to post other top notch posts in other sections.

And we prefer Muppet Show Kermit staying alive...

I have bad news for you...Jim Henson died on May 16, 1990 and his (literal) "right hand" man Kermit died with him...:death:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I moved it to Chatterbox because it was too much text. If you want something to make it to the homepage, make it short and sweet. Preferably with a relevant inline picture.

You'll have an even better chance if the story is somehow related to this website (idols, JAV, entertainment.) I think there's too much irrelevancy in the News forum already.