ANNOUNCEMENT: New rules specific to this section

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
New rules to control the amount of flood in this section are necessary:

- Each user is allowed to post up to 10 threads per day. It can be a single manga/doujin upload, or several grouped in the same archive.

- A total of 400 threads is allowed per day, for all users together. This corresponds to 20 new pages (with 20 posts per page) per day, still quite a lot. If the daily quota is reached, all extra threads will be removed without infraction.

- Only one post per thread is allowed, you can't bump your threads for mirrors. You can still edit them if you want to add mirrors.

- If a user post above 10 threads per day, the extra threads/posts will be removed, without an infraction.

- If a user post above 20 threads per day, the extra threads/posts will be removed, and the user will get an infraction.

- Collection threads posted in in the main Hentai Downloads section: http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=88
are not affected by all rules above. You can't post anymore in this section if you create a collection thread, or you will get an infraction for cross-posting.

- The normal cutoff time for the daily quotas are at 0:00 time in the GMT+1 time zone (European Central Time). Each moderator can set its own cutoff time depending on his time zone.

- All these new rules will be applied from tomorrow (18th October 2011) on.

- The rules will be adjusted depending on the situation change here.

ADDENDUM:

More details about posting collection threads and/or single threads in the corresponding sections. There are two cases which can happen:

1/ user starts posting single threads in the hentai mangas section. Later he starts a collection thread. This is allowed if he stops posting in the hentai mangas section.

2/ user starts a collection thread. Later he starts posting single threads in the hentai mangas section. This is not allowed, and considered cross posting. If he want to post in the hentai mangas section, he should ask a moderator (not obligatory me) by Private Message to close his collection thread. Then he is allowed to post single threads.

sumireiroc

Sep 8, 2011
right, please create a new section for ONLY NEWS MANGAS but many users post de same mangas day on day and this are the months or years ago and i find only the new mangas are a problem, good for the new rules

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
How do you know if a manga is "new" or "old"? Usually the release date is written on a particular page of the book, but not on the cover. And even older mangas get suddenly scanned and released, so it's really hard to figure out.

Is there a website that track down the new releases?

Another useful thing would be to separate commercial mangas and doujins, but I think it will be too difficult to organize...

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
We have created a new section for doujins. Please use it for the corresponding uploads. I will tolerate some mistakes in the coming days, and I try to move the recent doujin uploads there.

The differences between commercial mangas and doujins:

A manga is published by a book company, like Kodansha, Take Shobo, Akane Shinsha or Wani Magazine. They have ISBN number as any book. They are usually long, about 200 pages, but it can be between 150 and 300 pages.

A doujin is a "fan" work. It is created and released by artists themselves, under the so-called doujin circles. A manga artist can release doujin with an alias. Doujins are typically released and sold at fan conventions, like Comiket. They are usually short, most of them are below 100 pages, it can be as short as 8 pages. The characters used are often taken from existing media (anime, game, even manga) and put in sexual stories.

newland123

Akiba Citizen
Mar 28, 2012
Recently I often get a violation (Rule 10) . previously I have not encountered this. more people encounter this inconvenience. filehost download link has die. I it can refresh it for convenience to the user ?