60fps File Conversion - FINALLY a Guide! The Keys to the Kingdom

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

123qwesz

May 28, 2009
I followed the steps exactly from the website. The file I was trying to convert then became stuck at 99.96%.

The progress bar says 6 seconds left before its done. I've waited for an hour or so and there is not improvement.

Any tips?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
What usually worked for me was to reinstall the k lite pack like he had suggested. The guide is good but also the comments help. But you have find them thread by thread. If that doesn't work let me know

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
For those who have been converting your material, do you keep the source files? Or trash them once you're done? I guess I'm being a bit overly protective. I can't seem to want to delete mine. Guess I'm thinking if some other awesome thing comes around I will have source files to work with.

As a result...my HDD is getting full again. :puzzled::scared:

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
For those who have been converting your material, do you keep the source files? Or trash them once you're done? I guess I'm being a bit overly protective. I can't seem to want to delete mine. Guess I'm thinking if some other awesome thing comes around I will have source files to work with.

As a result...my HDD is getting full again. :puzzled::scared:

When I originally started converting the BLK series to 60fps, it was part of my archiving process. I deleted the original files (in whatever format they had previously existed in) and started burning the .mkv's onto a blu-ray data disc.

But when I started the NJV project, I realized that Sony Vegas (the video editor I use) doesn't support .mkv format. Of course, I can (and have) converted files back to, say, .mp4 format with very little, if any loss (they're both h264 forrmat in different containers). But I've found it's easier just to keep the originals for editing purposes (one less step) and archive the 60fps .mkv's to blu-ray.

This means that I'm not freeing up any space on when I'm archiving to blu-ray but then I'm sure I need a brand-spanking-new 4TB HDD, right?
:pandalaugh:

-Nick
____
http://nickwellsjav.blogspot.com/
Follow me (@NickWellsJAV) on Twitter for all the latest updates and EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOADS.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
You can also demux MKV files to their video and audio stream and then remux into MP4. Try that. Maybe you can jettison your sources after all if Vegas accepts the created MP4 files.

I'm also thinking of disc'n mine. But I only have a DVD burner. Can you believe that? LOL

When I originally started converting the BLK series to 60fps, it was part of my archiving process. I deleted the original files (in whatever format they had previously existed in) and started burning the .mkv's onto a blu-ray data disc.

But when I started the NJV project, I realized that Sony Vegas (the video editor I use) doesn't support .mkv format. Of course, I can (and have) converted files back to, say, .mp4 format with very little, if any loss (they're both h264 forrmat in different containers). But I've found it's easier just to keep the originals for editing purposes (one less step) and archive the 60fps .mkv's to blu-ray.

This means that I'm not freeing up any space on when I'm archiving to blu-ray but then I'm sure I need a brand-spanking-new 4TB HDD, right?
:pandalaugh:

-Nick
____
Follow me (@NickWellsJAV) on Twitter for all the latest updates and EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOADS.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Is it just me...or did I just extract M2TS streams from a BD ISO, viewed them, and then played a 60fps 720p file I have from a caribbeancom source...and the 60fps actually looked better. :puzzled:

The M2TS files are interlaced, so VLC automatically deinterlaces, so it does run smooth, but the colors aren't that vibrant. Maybe because it is only a 9GB ISO.

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
You can also demux MKV files to their video and audio stream and then remux into MP4. Try that. Maybe you can jettison your sources after all if Vegas accepts the created MP4 files.

I'm not exactly sure what the process is for that. I Googled a solution awhile back but it ended being far more convoluted and time-consuming than just plugging the mkv into Aimersoft and getting an mp4. However, if there's a simple 2-3 step, quick process to accomplish the same thing, I'm all ears.

I'm also thinking of disc'n mine. But I only have a DVD burner. Can you believe that? LOL

Yeah, I didn't start using blu-rays for archiving until fairly recently (even though I've had the burner for years). The cost of the media just prevented it from making sense. Now that the discs are somewhat cheap(er), it's become a viable solution. Hell, I've still got CD's full of old-school JAV d/l'd from Dynamix. Man, that brings back some fond memories.
:notagain:

-Nick
____

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
However, if there's a simple 2-3 step, quick process to accomplish the same thing, I'm all ears.

Not exactly, but it will keep things as they are because muxing is not encoding, just repackaging, so you get to keep every bit of that bitrate. Good news, huh? For you my friend I'll show you how. If you choose not to at least there is a guide for others right? :joker:

Tools you will need to install first (free of course):
MKVtoolnix - this has MKVExtractGUI and will demux the streams from the MKV container
Yamb - this will mux your files into an MP4 container

01 - First open MKVExtractGUI.

02 - Drag and drop your MKV file onto it. It will list the video and audio streams inside of it.

03 - Click the Check All Tracks button at the right.

04 - Click Extract. The files will be demuxed into the same folder as the source file. Once it completes close it out. On to the muxing.

05 - Open up Yamb

06 - Double-Click the top "Click to create an MP4 file..." bar.

07 - Again drag and drop but this time take your h264 file and your audio file.

08 - Click Next - this is where you muxing takes place

You're done. No re-encoding. You should have a valid MP4 file that Vegas should be able to work with. Seems like a lot but by the 3rd one or so it glides right by. Give it try.

Hell, I've still got CD's full of old-school JAV d/l'd from Dynamix. Man, that brings back some fond memories.

YES! I still do, too. I use to keep stuff from Adultbouncer and Deluxepass sites. :pandalaugh:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
There's always a better way, am I right? I'll have to take a look! Thanks for the link. At first glance there seems to be some overclocking involved, which is kind of outside my comfort zone. And plus I archive my HD encodes to DVD for playback on my Blu-ray player. But for those who view mostly on their PC I bet this will be awesome. :eek:k::eek:k:

Hi guys! For those who don't have time to convert their videos, you can do it on the fly:

http://svp-team.com/

Guide: http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=284

I've been using this for more than a year now. Works on everything. It interpolates frames to increase the FPS to 60 or more if you want! :D:gayprance:

maschi

Sensei
Jun 9, 2008
I got a question here. :study: What would happen if you convert a video to 120 fps instead of 60 fps?
Is it possible? Will it show any difference? I know nothing about these things, so don't laugh. :innocence: :D :sadomaso:

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I got a question here. :study: What would happen if you convert a video to 120 fps instead of 60 fps?
Is it possible? Will it show any difference? I know nothing about these things, so don't laugh. :innocence: :D :sadomaso:

I think it is possible. We would have to look back on comments on the guide site but I have seen that question asked and the guy told him what to change in the script file.

See if you can find it. I'll try to look later. Hope it works. Glad you're still having fun with this!

drumtatsujin

May 10, 2009
No overclocking involved in SVP my good sirs! I kid you not, this is the best thing that has happened to 60fps conversion! Please try it, you will NOT REGRET it! :D

Reactions: 1 person

morphone

Sep 24, 2008
I've been using SVP for a very long time and agree it's well worth checking out to see if it will run on your system smoothly. It does crash/choke pretty often but that's usually when trying to seek. If you just let it play, it's relatively stable. At least on my system. YMMV.

Reactions: 1 person