Would you marry and live with a girl whose make more money than you?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Maybe the question should be the other way round: Would a woman whose make more money than you live and marry you? ;) And in this case I would say "no" - except if she is 10 or 20 years older than yourself.
I can't imagine that a woman younger than me and also earning more money would be interested in me. So I can't think about that kind of situation (also that doesn't mean that situation don't exist in general).

Reactions: Muz1234

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
I would marry a girl that makes more money than me. Would be absolutely no problem for me.
I would support her in her job, if I can. If she would have a very stressful job I would even stay home for her being the "househusband" if she wants that and it helps.

But I agree with CodeGeek: The rejection will most likely come from the womans side. I think most woman want a man that is financially on the same level or above her. :(
Only those ladies 40+ who look for a toy-boy might not care about money. Most other woman won't like the idea having a man that earns less. At least as long as you are not their total dream man in appearance and character.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
What about woman who has more friends than you, would you feel jealous as well?

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
If I really love her it would be no problem for me to see her having more friends than me. If she would invite them to our house a lot or go out with them taking me with her, I could deal with that. I would maybe feel a little sad from time to time that I can't keep up with her but not that much and maybe also a bit jealous (as long as her friends are good friends, lol).
The only thing I might not be able to deal with is when she goes out a lot with her friends leaving me home. And then maybe return late at night and tell me how much fun it was. If that would happen more than once a week I would have to talk to her about that and maybe even break up if she does not change it.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
If I really love her it would be no problem for me to see her having more friends than me. If she would invite them to our house a lot or go out with them taking me with her, I could deal with that. I would maybe feel a little sad from time to time that I can't keep up with her but not that much and maybe also a bit jealous (as long as her friends are good friends, lol).
The only thing I might not be able to deal with is when she goes out a lot with her friends leaving me home. And then maybe return late at night and tell me how much fun it was. If that would happen more than once a week I would have to talk to her about that and maybe even break up if she does not change it.

lol, ok, in your country, how many women can you marry?

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
lol, ok, in your country, how many women can you marry?
I'm part of the majority of the world where you only can marry one woman.
But that's ok. A major bad thing about polygamy is that while some men end up with a lot of women others will have to stay single because of the resulting lack of women. When I hear stories about some Mormons having 50 wifes in the 19th century I always feel bad for the other men around, lol.

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I'm part of the majority of the world where you only can marry one woman.
But that's ok. A major bad thing about polygamy is that while some men end up with a lot of women others will have to stay single because of the resulting lack of women. When I hear stories about some Mormons having 50 wifes in the 19th century I always feel bad for the other men around, lol.

Do they allow polygamy in Japan?

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
I live in a Muslim country, Muslims are allow to marry 2, 3, or 4 women, if you know.
Yes I know that. :)
Do you live in a country where only Muslims can marry more than one woman (like Singapore, Malaysia) or in a country where all citizens can do that?

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Yes I know that. :)
Do you live in a country where only Muslims can marry more than one woman (like Singapore, Malaysia) or in a country where all citizens can do that?

I'm not sure, I think polygamy is legal for everyone here. I think it depends on the citizen's religion. I thought people in US do polygamy as well right.

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
I'm not sure, I think polygamy is legal for everyone here. I think it depends on the citizen's religion. I thought people in US do polygamy as well right.

I visited the southwest US a few years ago and learned that only the Mormons in Utah had polygamy in the 19th century but banned it in 1890 due to pressure from the rest of the US. So since 1890 there is no polygamy in the US (at least not legal).

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
I visited the southwest US a few years ago and learned that only the Mormons in Utah had polygamy in the 19th century but banned it in 1890 due to pressure from the rest of the US. So since 1890 there is no polygamy in the US (at least not legal).

Do you like if polygamy is legal anywhere even in the US?

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
Do you like if polygamy is legal anywhere even in the US?

Basically I'm one of those "free love" guys. I think every kind of relationship (or marriage) should be allowed as long as all the sides are happy with it. A man marrying five women - why not?, as long as all the woman are happy and ok with it. A woman marrying five men - why not?, as long as all men are happy with it. ;)

So I would like to see more open-minded laws for marriage (including polygamy) worldwide. But of course forced marriage should be forbidden worldwide.
I mentioned that I don't like the idea of men marrying a lot of woman, because there would be a lack of women for other men, but it is acceptable for me if it supports free love. :)

In my dream world polygamy would be legal but also with women marrying multiple men so that it would balance out and nobody would be alone. :)
But I think that won't happen because I recently read an article that said that 70% of men would like to have more than one partner, but only 8% of the women would like to have more than one partner. So most likely polygamy would be used by much more men than women which would cause an imbalance. :(

Muz1234

Nov 6, 2013
Basically I'm one of those "free love" guys. I think every kind of relationship (or marriage) should be allowed as long as all the sides are happy with it. A man marrying five women - why not?, as long as all the woman are happy and ok with it. A woman marrying five men - why not?, as long as all men are happy with it. ;)

So I would like to see more open-minded laws for marriage (including polygamy) worldwide. But of course forced marriage should be forbidden worldwide.
I mentioned that I don't like the idea of men marrying a lot of woman, because there would be a lack of women for other men, but it is acceptable for me if it supports free love. :)

In my dream world polygamy would be legal but also with women marrying multiple men so that it would balance out and nobody would be alone. :)
But I think that won't happen because I recently read an article that said that 70% of men would like to have more than one partner, but only 8% of the women would like to have more than one partner. So most likely polygamy would be used by much more men than women which would cause an imbalance. :(

That is a surprising statistic, though. I think it would be impossible for women to polygamy, cause making babies with too many partners just takes too much time.

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
That is a surprising statistic, though. I think it would be impossible for women to polygamy, cause making babies with too many partners just takes too much time.
Yes, that might be one reason why women don't like the idea of having multiple partners at the same time.
But not impossible: My cousin has four kids with four different men (took her 24 years :D )! But she was together with them one after another and not at the same time (at least as far as I know, lol).
Maybe she is one of those 8% that like the idea of multiple partners or even polygamy. ;)

Little Chucky

Hi, I'm Chucky, Wanna Play?
Aug 28, 2013

Is it a problem for women to not have babies?

I know a lot of couples where the woman makes more money than the man and they are both happy about it
If you're in a equal steady relationship it shouldn't be a problem
Why would a woman marry a guy who makes more as her???

An yes i live in a very modern European country but no polygamy
We do have marriages between same sexes and if you're in a registered partnership (but not married) you have the same rights as someone who is married