Working in Japan?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
My hobby is playing airsoft (さるヴぃヴぁげむ) and I (sadly) have to make trips to Akihabara to purchase equipment and parts for my guns.

oh you play airsoft? and your hobby? you must be good!

i dont play airsoft but i think i can play with you.

Im not a soldier but i can fight like a Russian soldier do.

teach me not to be too rough on you ok.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
No problem. If you live around Yokohama then I'll bring you out to meet some of the other boys and girls who play.

This is from that my buddy took of me at a skirmish on the weekend close to Tamakawa river.

n515922347_789266_3062.jpg

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Oh, yes, MANY from the US. One of my drinking buddies also works at the military base in Yokohama.

If you can't find a job, then I do believe you can still tour. Check again with your local Japanese embassy to see if the Russian people can acquire a working-holiday visa. If not, then you can still tour for up to three months at a time with one of those tourist visas.

pauduro

May 7, 2008
Iran,India,Zimbabwe,Brazil,Mexico,The Philippines.. these countries are third world...they can go to japan? well i can definitely go to.

hehe. no one from the US?

if i get lucky and managed to land a work in Japan, then you can add Russia to your keitei list.

if somehow i cant land a job in Japan, well, can i just tour?

yes a tour will do. but im not aiming on that..just in case i cant work there.

well russia is more of a third world than mexico you know all the skin heads and MUCH MORE poberty i can go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON but this si not a BASHIN comiunity so be more carful with the stuf you say my frien cus some people can not like what you are rigting :wetland:

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
BASHIN comiunity so be more carful with the stuf you say my frien cus some people can not like what you are rigting :wetland:

oops! sorry.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Paudro, where exactly was he bashing anyone? From the perspective of a Canadian who has travelled into both Russia and Mexico, I would disagree and say that Mexico is more of a third world country. How do skin heads constitute a third world country? That small group has nothing to do with economic power. Would that mean that Germany was third world during the 1920's to 1950's? How about the USA with their KKK groups? They certainly don't seem much like a third world country to me.

What I'm getting at is this; before you pass judgement on a place and people you have no experience with, consider your chosen words. Otherwise you come off as sounding like a fool. So for Serg's sake, keep your Internet-police warnings to yourself unless they are valid.

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
Hi AQUAMARINE! i didn't know you are canadian. well my sister in law works there as a nurse in vancouver. she said "come over in here vancouver, living here is not expensive, and there are some japanese girls here too!"

i said " why not, lets go! but i will decide once i earned my masteral degree in IT" she is earning there $80 dollars per hour adn i said wow!

anyway aquamarine, about pauduro, dont worry its my fault anyway.

pauduro, im sorry. gomen ne!

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
dude, there is no reason to say sorry to an e-thug. You did nothing wrong!

pauduro

May 7, 2008
dude, there is no reason to say sorry to an e-thug. You did nothing wrong!

WOWOWOWOW clam down man the bashin i was talking were MY coments

"i can go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON but this si not a BASHIN comiunity"

not sergeidragunov`s i understand that he has making a funy coment

"Iran,India,Zimbabwe,Brazil,Mexico,The Philippines.. these countries are third world...they can go to japan? well i can definitely go to"

i NEVER ment to disrespect any one and sergeidragunov and i have "talked" in PM and ther is no porb with us so no more of this pleas lets get back to topic

:bow-pray:

sergeidragunov

Spetsnaz
Sep 18, 2008
Everything is forgotten Pauduro my brother. Let us move on with the topic at hand.

lynnfoxx

Feb 12, 2008
Hey im glad i found this forum. So I am curious too about other jobs besides teaching englsih since I'Ve already done that and not going back... at least not to the big commercial companies (aeon, nova, etc). But my real question is, i'm on a spouse visa and learning japanese currently (in an immersion school) so i was really hoping to do some proofreading/translation work as a part time thing but do i need to switch to a working visa of some sort???

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
No wonder you're not going back to Nova... they're been shut down since last year after having their asses sued. No wonder either the way they treated their clients, I'd be pretty angry too if I was sold lessons which were low quality and then was not given a refund when I asked for one.

You will not need to get a new visa if you have a spouse visa. That's just as good as a regular work visa but without the messiness of having a company sponsor you. You'll still declare taxes. You'll still be able to work in (nearly) any field of work you choose, you simply won't be able to write things off as most English teachers in ESL Eikawa's can do (ie: they can write off computers, clothing, lunches, train tickets, PDAs, phones, etc etc etc).

So since you can speak and read Japanese, go out and get a job :D