Why there are only 20 pages?

emmentaler

Aug 29, 2012
It is so good to have Akiba-Online back. However, I found for both download section and torrent section, there are only 20 pages I can reach. Comparing the old site, we could reach hundreds of pages. I am sure the daily update would be more than 20 pages, so where can we find the rest of them out of these 20 pages? Do any other members have the same problem?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Last edited by a moderator:

lullaby4love

Jun 15, 2007
So, how to see the threads like made 2-3 days ago?

I have notice that I can only see the threads about 24 hours

How to see the threads like for example from date 1 September 2013?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
So, how to see the threads like made 2-3 days ago?

I have notice that I can only see the threads about 24 hours

How to see the threads like for example from date 1 September 2013?

you add posting date to tags, or a search from the date you like

Reactions: 1 person

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I don't think we will change the display again, 30 pages times 10 posts per page is already a lot. As I check the links now, the last post on jav torrents is a bit less than 2 days old, the last post on jav downloads as well.

eereum

Jun 13, 2010
Would you reconsider expanding the amount of preview pages now with the current level of posting? Stuff from less than 20 hours is getting deleted in the preview news section of both jav downloads and Jav torrents. I check twice a day now :| once before work, once before sleep. I feel like an addict, where before I used to only check once every 2-4 days.

Checking without the preview takes twice as long, and it's difficult to find the correct stopping point once you've reached videos you've already seen previously. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the forums show a list of threads by their last post time, unlike the news preview section which shows the posts by the start time/date.

Either expanding the news preview section to more pages, or allowing us to view the nonpreview forum by start date would be beneficial to us addicts that like to see everything new posted. These days, if I go on a trip or do anything where I'm not at my computer at least once a day I end up browsing other sites which are just reposting the torrents found here. I don't think that's good for A-O, but that's just me.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Would you reconsider expanding the amount of preview pages now with the current level of posting? Stuff from less than 20 hours is getting deleted in the preview news section of both jav downloads and Jav torrents. I check twice a day now :| once before work, once before sleep. I feel like an addict, where before I used to only check once every 2-4 days.

Checking without the preview takes twice as long, and it's difficult to find the correct stopping point once you've reached videos you've already seen previously. Unless I'm doing something wrong, the forums show a list of threads by their last post time, unlike the news preview section which shows the posts by the start time/date.

Either expanding the news preview section to more pages, or allowing us to view the nonpreview forum by start date would be beneficial to us addicts that like to see everything new posted. These days, if I go on a trip or do anything where I'm not at my computer at least once a day I end up browsing other sites which are just reposting the torrents found here. I don't think that's good for A-O, but that's just me.

it will be reviewed, and considered, not sure if we can,

but what might help if you just go to JAV and News forums, and subscribe to that pacific subsection, that way way you will not get every post that has been posted in a day

benson123

Mar 25, 2007
Yes, more preview pages would be good & also bigger preview pics in the Torrent Jav Downloads pages as we have in the Jav Downloads ages.

Thanks to all for this great site & keeping it rolling!

Reactions: 2 people

lusty99

Mar 27, 2014
One more vote for more preview pages from the homepage. The preview pages from the homepage make it easy to go through what has been posted recently without having to go and hit the links for each separate new thread to see previews, etc. Right now, the limit of 20/30 pages(200 to 250 threads) barely covers one day.

Either that, or if possible(I'm not sure if it is), allow the threads from each forum to be viewed in the same sort of fashion, like a preview, where it shows the thread starter and any screens attached to it. This would save a lot of time.

Thanks for your awesome site!

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
One more vote for more preview pages from the homepage. The preview pages from the homepage make it easy to go through what has been posted recently without having to go and hit the links for each separate new thread to see previews, etc. Right now, the limit of 20/30 pages(200 to 250 threads) barely covers one day.

Either that, or if possible(I'm not sure if it is), allow the threads from each forum to be viewed in the same sort of fashion, like a preview, where it shows the thread starter and any screens attached to it. This would save a lot of time.

Thanks for your awesome site!

not sure if we can, we will look into it though, sorry could not be more precise

Mar 28, 2008
We need complete history of everyones posts.

Wait, did someone already tell me how to do that? :waterspit:

Last edited by a moderator:

lusty99

Mar 27, 2014
Seems we have lost even the 20 pages of previews after the board software was changed. Obviously its missed as I saw tons of posts regarding it in the "New Board Software, New Server" thread in the Announcements forum.

Totally understand that the previous feature present in the old vBulletin software was an add-on and you guys are still playing around with the setup of the new board software :) Would be good if we could get this feature back somehow, preferably with more than the 20 or 30 pages which was available with the vBulletin software. The preview feature was obviously used by quite a few people to catch up on what was newly posted and seems to be sorely missed by quite a few people.

Glad to see you guys back online, hopefully now we can get the board up to how we can get it back to the same ease of use as the previous software. The board definitely seems quicker in response, thats a bonus :)

Last edited: