Why many Metrosexuals in Asia?

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
It's ridiculous.
And metrosexual doesn't just mean looking clean and nice.

I bathe and shave etc. But i'm not putting make up and girly crap.

Is there a reason why Japanese and Asian men are going metro?

I heard girls like them that way.. WHICH means women are attracted to men that look more girly.. THUS it means Women secretly like women. As i've always said it. They're just too embarrased to ask girls out.

Anyways
Here's a link to Asian Metrosexual News story
http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501051031/story.html

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
well I admit it is not for me, I could not afford it anymore, but what is wrong in looking good, if he feels it attracts women, then good luck to him

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Because metrosexuals are seen as cool, new-age and trendy to the women in Japan (and other parts of Asia, I am sure).

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I have no interest, I don't need to go out and hunt for girls.

Oct 6, 2007
I consider myself metrosexual and my friends always wonder why I get way more attention from girls than they do. I don't wear make up but I do dress nice, flat iron and wax my hair everyday, shave every couple weeks (arms, hands, balls, etc.) TMI? haha

I don't think there is anything un-manly about it, I think it's personal preference. I feel more confident. However, if you think that shaving your arms makes you "un-manly" you have some serious confidence issues concerning your own masculinity and might want to dwell on that.

A lot of people question "why do you shave your arms?" well there are 2 main reasons.
#1. Caucasians sweat a lot more than East Asians, it's just the way our bodies are made. Less hair = more hygenic.
#2. While most of the girls I've dated have told me they don't mind if a guy doesn't shave (because it's almost expected) they PREFER if a guy does shave.

Kinda the same for me. I don't mind if a girl shaves her vag, but I prefer there to be some hair down there, so it's a plus in my books.

In 2008 though when I went back to Canada after being in Korea for 6 months I met this one Japanese girl and she asked if I was gay. I asked her why and she said I looked way too good to be a straight guy. Needless to say I fucked her that night. Sometimes it works out much better than you may think.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I must admit, I have never thought about shaving my arms and hands when going out on a date, perhaps that is something I should look into in the future, not that I go on many dates anymore, I am not as lucky as aquamarine, I do not have women falling over me, I think they have the opposite effect :pandalaugh:

Oct 6, 2007
I must admit, I have never thought about shaving my arms and hands when going out on a date, perhaps that is something I should look into in the future, not that I go on many dates anymore, I am not as lucky as aquamarine, I do not have women falling over me, I think they have the opposite effect :pandalaugh:

Majority of the girls I know shave their arms and even with Asian girls specifically their hair is so fine sometimes it's almost invisible...in the really rare case some are just virtually hairless.

I only started to do it because I was just thinking about how I love to rub my GFs arms, who doesn't right? It feels so smooth, so why would a girl not enjoy that feeling as well?

On a side note there was one girl I knew in college. She was really nice but she has REALLY noticeable hand and finger hair and seriously, it was a complete turn off. I'm not so superficial but obvious looks are what motivate you to get to know a girls personality. I just took it as she doesn't take care of her body which is a turn off. I shave my hands and fingers just because...well if a girl notices that I shave my arms (which most do) and I have hair beginning at my wrists and on my hands+fingers it looks REALLY strange.

Also one my friends even vouched for this (one male, one female) so it's not just me, but the feeling of wearing a long sleeve shirt after shaving your arms feels great.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to suggest that I have women falling all over me. I think anyone who's seen the Japan Photo thread can agree with me that my looks are far from amazing, however I simply don't need to go hunting for women. I'm white in Japan. Women hunt us.

Oct 6, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to suggest that I have women falling all over me. I think anyone who's seen the Japan Photo thread can agree with me that my looks are far from amazing, however I simply don't need to go hunting for women. I'm white in Japan. Women hunt us.

Aqua stop putting ideas in Jolop's head! You know reading that is gonna make him blow his load. You aren't a bad looking guy and you dress nice, where as Jolop probably looks like a leper. Girls only hunt guys with confidence.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I dress nice? Thanks :) Here's me last night
ugly_manLille.jpg

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Well Aquamarine you have more hair than me

As for shaving, I will have to try that one, I can see the point in doing the hands if you do the arms, do you use wax or a razor, so when I do get to Japan it would be in the summer, with shaved arms, I might have to find factor 100 sun cream, it will look funny old git with shaved arms, I suppose it will go with my head :sadomaso:

well here goes for a good 4-5 months work, depends on how much I earn whether I go to Japan, or the local tourist trap :pandalaugh:

Thanks for the insight

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
WHICH means women are attracted to men that look more girly..

"Metrosexual" is a western term born out of western stereotyping and double standards. Even though as a metrosexual you can dress well, have good hygiene, nice hair, etc while still being straight, those qualities (fashion & hygiene) are closely associated with being gay; ie, being metrosexual doesn't mean you simply have good fashion and hygiene, it means you do everything a stereotypical feminine gay male would do, except you are still sexually attracted to women.

In Japan, the term "metrosexual" does not exist (to any significant extent). People use the term ikemen to describe "good looking guys" or "hunks", and can generally apply to any guy who takes care to look good in front of other people. The distinction is that being ikemen has no association with being "gay" (or doing things that feminine gay males do), even though both groups are conscious of their fashion and hygiene.

In some ways it's less of a double standard. Hetero males generally want attractive females, if in the least as a status symbol (most guys wouldn't want to be seen with an ugly girl). And so the same is true for women; good looking guys = more status. And if girls work at their fashion and hygiene to improve how attractive they are, there's no reason a guy can't do the same.

The real problem is using the term "metrosexual", because so many people think "metrosexual = looking girly"; if you believe girls are attracted to metrosexuals, you would think girls are attracted to girly men. Girls are attracted to attractive men, and these days attractiveness is measured by having a mind for fashion and hygiene. And having good fashion and hygiene does not mean you are "girly".

Oct 6, 2007
Aqua: You look different...probably new glasses.

coolkevin: I use a razor and I shave around every 2 weeks (twice a month). Takes around 30 minutes for both arms. The longer you wait, the longer it takes, so 30 minutes every 2 weeks isn't that much of a sacrafice. You'd be surprised how it affects your body. I was in Japan with +35C weather and while I was sweating like a prostitute in church, it would have been much worse if I hadn't. I can speak from experience 'cause the weather is almost the same in Korea and I've noticed a difference.

guy: I agree 100% with your comment. I cross my legs when I sit, but I'm sure I'll be getting strange looks in Canada when I do that. Almost everyone in Korea does it, even old men. When the subway is packed it's a lot less invasive of personal space if you cross your legs rather than the triangle way where your knee and foot are just out there.

bhmfje

Dec 6, 2010
Having lived in South Korea for a few years, I can say that males just don't possess a cognizance of homophobia like Westerners do. What Americans and others may see as something potentially homoerotic, the natives think nothing of it.

Thus, it is not uncommon to see guys wear super skinny clothing, primp themselves every chance they get, carry "man-purses" and sometimes even wear makeup. Even things that Westerners see as totally homosexual, like going to public baths with friends, or maybe walking down the street linking arms are only considered gay because Westerners perceive it that way in their minds.

Oct 6, 2007
Having lived in South Korea for a few years, I can say that males just don't possess a cognizance of homophobia like Westerners do. What Americans and others may see as something potentially homoerotic, the natives think nothing of it.

Thus, it is not uncommon to see guys wear super skinny clothing, primp themselves every chance they get, carry "man-purses" and sometimes even wear makeup. Even things that Westerners see as totally homosexual, like going to public baths with friends, or maybe walking down the street linking arms are only considered gay because Westerners perceive it that way in their minds.

Koreans are completely against being homosexual though, so I find it very odd that having 2 boys in their teens sleeping in the same bed together to be "okay". What they percieve as being "gay" is completely different.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007

And in agreement with Guy as well

that is the problem with most western societies, and a lot of its people, preconceived ideas, where everything is the same for everybody and that is what the cooperate companies want, the same thing everybody to maximize there profit, I like to think I have an open mind, and there is room for everybody :gayprance:

HarutoAsou
I takes as long as 30 minutes, I will try in the summer when it is warmer, (as it is about 0 degrees at the moment) and I do it when I am in the shower Thank you

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I just shave my pubes. I dunno what you freaks are talking about.

Glassjaw

Miu > all
Apr 30, 2007
As long as you don't look like that greasy haired guido fuck, Ronaldo then it's all good.