Why Japanese wear skirts but Americans almost don't?

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
That's why it's a breath of fresh air when i see Japanese Foreign students in the USA. They wear skirts or some fashionable clothing.

Meanwhile, most American women i see in my city either wear jeans all the time,, or if they wear shorts but almost never skirts. And when they wear shorts, they don't look very sexy cause they don't try.

The only time when American women try to look sexy and beautiful are when they go to clubs. But I'm not a club guy, so i'll never see that or meet anyone like that.

While i know there are many Japanese girls that are not into fashion, based on what I see the most, i can say that Japanese women wear nicer/sexiier clothes than American.

I mean, I keep seeing Japanese foreign students in tights, minis, and just beautiful sexy stuff.

I don't know why, but American women would call them hoochies just cause they wear skirts. I think they're just jealous.

but anyways,
do you guys think Skirts wil ever make it back into normal everyday life fashion for American women?

And nooo i don't mean Highschool girls. highschool girls do wear stuff like that, but i don't want to see highschool girls.. i'm near my 30's already.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
And nooo i don't mean Highschool girls. highschool girls do wear stuff like that, but i don't want to see highschool girls.. i'm near my 30's already.
You sure about that? Every Japanese undergrad or grad student I know (and have known) has not worn skirts on campus. They wear jeans, pants, suit-pants, etc. If they have ever worn skirts, then it must have been the ankle-length skirts which are basically "dresses, except they're in two pieces so technically they're blouses + skirts." But I never saw a girl at college who wore knee-length skirts or shorter. Not that I can recall, anyway.

The Japanese girls who I see wearing skirts are either:
(a) drawn on paper,
(b) school girls wearing school uniforms,
(c) celebrities, or
(d) actresses in character

Other than that? It seems like most Japanese girls (high school, college age) want to wear what's fashionable, and if what's fashionable is decided by what's popular in France and the USA, then that's what they'll wear.

But then again, maybe my experiences are the ones which are the outlier, not yours. You know who you really need to ask? Somebody who actually lives in Japan. -_-;

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
cause skirts are more uncomfortable for girls since they have to be on guard a 100% of the time to not get upskirted

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
cause skirts are more uncomfortable for girls since they have to be on guard a 100% of the time to not get upskirted

If they want to guard themselves then they should wear what tomboyish lesbians wear ( baggy guy pants)

Cause even with jeans, we can see their shapes.

bamz0506

Jul 19, 2009
maybe japan a lot more safer than America, i live in japan now and almost not hearing the news about someone getting r***, so they still think "why not" wearing a skirt to school or even in their daily activity

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
Americans = Fat and ugly
Asians = Cute, Pretty, simply superior

They simply don't have the bodies to look good in skirts.

:snicker::snicker::snicker:

Disclaimer: This post is not to be taken serious. I was just making fun based on stereotypes. Please do not get offended, there is no reason for it.

:evillaugh:

Optimusnorm

Dec 30, 2009
Woman get r***ing no matter what they wear. If you look at police reports and crime statistics you'll know a woman is also more likely to be r***ing by someone she already knows fairly well.

As for Japanese women wearing skirts - I never notices except perhaps they do wear skirts for more formal occassions like work, a date, special occassions etc than many American women these days. This is mostly because American women have been taught that in order to be equal to men they have to become like men...if you go to eastern europe many women still wear skirts and are very much equal to most men - indeed they can be very firey and scary hehe.

SpenceMasta

Sep 19, 2008
Americans are workaholics and jeans fit into the religion of modern work better than skirts do.

i hope thats not a serious statement, japan is notorious for its hard working culture and life time employment practices along with the typical salaryman stereotypes

the skirts thing is a cultural thing of the current time period, women in the states were wearing skirts in the workplace and everywhere else in the 50s/60s, but after women's lib its become acceptable and encouraged that women wear pants too

ALSO

women in asia are having a liberating movement themselves and the ability to wears skirts is a progressive movement that women can wear what they want and flaunt what they want without conforming to traditional conservative values, something similiar to what women went through in the US, when japanese women get sick of men objectifying them everywhere they will get sick of it and change, in the long run it benefits society

long story short culture and the times

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Whoever here says American women are fat and ugly is probably married to one. :cry:

The Skort:

Upskirt voyeurs nightmare, and quite possibly a deterrent to r*** if worn in this color or olive drab.

Fuck dresses and pants...I got two words for ya bitches:
Daisy Dukes!!

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
I probably wouldn't have read this thread or commented on it, but I saw jo solo p-on's rating and this winning thread:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144538
where he asks the age old question "How come So much Anal JAV??" and follows it up with the declarative "I hate it" (immediately forming my prejudice: I think one's aversion to anal sex says a lot about one's masculinity or lack of, and knew I would have to eventually comment.) Also, as posted by darkw1zard regarding josolo: "LoL..he has been really a legend." So I did a little poking around and came up with these fresh threads:

"Certain Types of girls you can pick up in America"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141671

"Why the Myth that Japanese and Asian women Have flat bottoms?"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122629

"Why Love dolls still not made to be Shapely?"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101201

"Why KISS JAV are always Extreme Closeups"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189656

"Why do Japanese Girls travel so much??"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175792

"Foreign Girls with Japanese girls, Common??"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=175788

"How Do you Find a Japan Girlfriend without going there?"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105115

"Why most American Office ladies are fat??"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144552

and don't miss this one:
"Why aren't Guy's fully mozaic'd out???"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142949

or jeez, this one:
"Certain Types of girls you can pick up in America"
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141671

and on...and on...and on...
Now Jos, don't kill yourself:...:, but I'm thinking you're not shy (as you posted in one of your riveting threads) you're an idiot! :donotwant: Or maybe you're 9; why? why? why? Why is the sky blue? Why do dogs have tails? Why don't some dogs have tails? Why do dogs lick their balls? (because they can.)

Dude you are a "Real American Hero" and you need your own forum here at AO where you can post your harebrained questions to entertain and distract us from other pressing threads like "things you hate" or "why you hate crapidshare" but it needs a catchy name, suggestions please.:rofl: So jos, keep it real; just be yourself - if chicks knew how funny you were, they would be throwing pussy at you. Three more things:

If you show up as a regular on Jimmy Kimmel Live! I will be soooo pissed!

You said you work in a call center; if I ever get you on the phone (I will know you by your feminine sounding voice,) I will reach through the line and strangle you!:murder:
and finally...
As for anal, if you love it you'll kiss it:full: Following your formula, "why would a girl let you stick your dick in there if you won't show it some love first?"
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
i cant touch them anymore either but i don't think its illegal to look at them, something i try to do every chance i get
I concur.
Just because you're chained to the porch doesn't mean you can't bark at the cars!

cleondann

Jan 13, 2010
same thoughts here. But i think American women don't look ever pretty like Japanese girl

midion

Sep 13, 2008
I noticed this about most asian women period. I don't know why most want to wear pants and shorts but watever. It's the fad that seems like it will never end.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Have any of you even considered what the climate is like over here???

This winter I pleasatly walked around with a t-shirt and sweat pants most days. Women here wear more short skirts because it is considered cute and they CAN due to the n e climate.

midion

Sep 13, 2008
In Korea they still wear skirts and such even in the winter though. It gets cold in Korea and it does snow alot.

They just wear those thick stockings though(kinda like pants in a way). Actually reminded me of home living up North in the US. I wasn't expecting it to get that cold or for it snow to the point to where the base had to constantly put all vehicles on Red status for driving conditions.

Some Koreans go to the Philippines too which the woman and alot of here friends hate because she says they are rude and act like they are better than everyone. She said they usually just stay until the winter is over in Korea.

Never been to Japan though but I hope to be there sometime next year if not late this year. Actually plan on visiting China too because the woman wants to visit there.

......Kinda rambled off topic lol.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Japan is a "legs" culture, whereas America is a "breasts" culture.

/end of thread

Trickster

Oct 18, 2008
I've lived in Japan for 3 and a half years so here are my observations.

Office Ladies almost always wear tight black pants. I've never seen one in a dress or skirt.

Young female teachers will occasionally wear cute flowery short skirts with long stockings. Older female teachers will occasionally wear long skirts. More often than not both wear black tight dress pants.

Female HS students will wear their school uniforms even on the weekends when they hang out with their friends and even if it's winter. JHS students will usually wear their jerseys.

Out in the big cities the young girls walking around the shopping centers almost always have some kind of flowery fashionable short skirt. Especially where I was at, Sendai. Man, these girls really look good in feminine cute clothes.

American women don't give off the impression of the innocent, pure, shy girl. They're more gung-ho, you-go-girl and do-it-yourself. From my experiences, American women are more masculine and not surprisingly they wear pants. It's sad that our culture seems to discourage women from acting and dressing feminine.

Japan is a "legs" culture, whereas America is a "breasts" culture.

This is true. Japanese women weigh an average of 114 lbs while American women weigh 140 lbs. Skinny girls have nice legs. Overweight girls don't have nice legs so the only thing they can show off is their chest.

I'd take the girl with nice legs every time.