Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
because they are running from you

bahru

Jul 28, 2019
Why Japanese women are thin?
Maybe Japanese woman just like in any other Asian Countries ( especially China and Korea ) love eating vegetables and fruit also Fish and Raw meat ( Cooked or stewed).. And rarely eat butter and bread.. Except now aday' i think.. Many Japanese modern womab.. eating American junk Food.. Hot Dog.. Coca Cola.. Etc..

Deltronz

Apr 2, 2007
It’s primarily dietary reasons why most people, Japanese or otherwise are thin.

But, having lived in Japan for a long time, the “thin Japanese” body assumptions placed on women specifically is out of date. There are some who are thin, and some who are thick, curvy, or athletically built.

My thread cites ongoing examples of the later.

Jackdee

Aug 19, 2011
It’s primarily dietary reasons why most people, Japanese or otherwise are thin.

But, having lived in Japan for a long time, the “thin Japanese” body assumptions placed on women specifically is out of date. There are some who are thin, and some who are thick, curvy, or athletically built.

My thread cites ongoing examples of the later.
Have to agree with this. I’ve lived in Japan for years too, and the average lady in the street isn’t necessarily thin. It can’t be denied there are more skinny people on average compared to many other places, but Japan has more than it’s fair share of shapes, especially middle aged women.

lifeisgook

Certified Man of Culture
Jan 26, 2016
They are not often skinny in the way that I would define skinny but if you mean just not overweight or obese, compared to other parts of the world the diet is filled with fiber like vegetables and probiotic foods like pickled vegetables, so they have both good stomachs and plenty of digestion aiding foods, although i think in today's japan highly processed instant food and junk food is rising in popularity due to lifestyle changes over the decades so I think Japanese girls might be getting a bit chunkier. Still not to the point of obesity

Here are some popular gravure idols that are known as being plump:
Chitose Yoshino, Ai Shinozaki, Hitomi Kitamura
chitose_yoshino4-1.jpg
b536a785.jpg
f5aa1452.jpg

Rei Ikeda, Airi Igawa and Yui Kudo are heavier amongst idols
EUtjTETUYAABLgW.jpg
sirabee20210608igawaairiikedarei6.jpg

Shiori Konno is fatter with every dvd release
BB6.jpg.891c4f5c18df7d40fb764ae7b4bcb98a.jpg
2559432l.jpg
011l.jpg
pic_001.jpg=s0

On the skinny side I'd categorize girls like
Fuchigami Hikaru, Maity, Momoka Hayashida
kiranosukeee_248259110_426403239050089_1700702465151602578_n.jpg
10358541.jpg
w1044355478.1.jpg

Small limbs, flat belly, minimum body fat

Its cherry-picking from gravure idols yes but I think the common Japanese girl is probably just average, they are predisposed by genetics to carry weight around the middle which is a bit easier to hide when your job isn't taking pictures in a bikini

osamudazai3

Oct 29, 2022
It is not only about the food they eat. Asian people are thinner on average because of genetics and this is the result of thousand of years genetic adaptation to geographical conditions.

quxinna

Jun 10, 2022
I think japanese boycott pepper made in american for their nationality.

Last edited:

cheeselion

Dec 26, 2021
Why Japanese women are thin?
This is untrue. Women in Japan can have a variety of body types. Japanese women are not uniformly thin. Yes, the obsession with health is widespread in Asia. Asians are efficient in many ways, walk a lot, and work a lot. Because Asians value hard work and creativity, this is how the majority of Asian nations, including China, South Korea, and Japan, have been able to advance economically and technologically.

Also, what exactly do you mean by thin?
Since everyone has a different body type and how fat is distributed on our bodies varies, there is no universal definition of thinness.

Yes, they are in good health. They consume fruits, vegetables, and side dishes. Burgers and meat are extremely popular in America. Let's face it, we don't eat as many fruits and vegetables as Asians do.

They eat in small bowls and properly chew their food before swallowing it. They avoid overeating.

Not all Asians, however, are thin.

liujianwei48

Sep 18, 2022
I don't think japanese girl as thin as LBJ,they are sexy and fat enough for me.but they are really strong diff from american.

patrick45

Nov 27, 2009
They do take better care off themselves and do have all the shit that the so called American diet offers. Biggest thing is the lack of processed food.