Why AKB48 and so on are Ok in USA even though their young?

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
According to the USA laws and stuff, AKB are underage. They do alot of sexy kind of moves and dress provocatively and so on.

How come then we are allowed to see this WHEN we are told at the same time that we shouldn't and that it is illegal

bjharm

Jan 23, 2009
akb48 have a big age range from like 12 to 26 I think the oldest is. It normally only the top girls that appear in magazines and photo books and the top 20 have always mainly been made up of the first generation girls who are now all pretty much 'legal' even in the usa.
Do they sell a Lolita image..well to western eyes yes but in japan the strength and popularity in strongly based on the girl next door image rather than an Idol one.

Mar 22, 2011
i agree that the voices opposing AKB48 is strangely quiet. one explanation i can come up with is that AKB48 hasn't reached maximum popularity in the USA yet so the soccer moms and the moral guardians have deemed AKB48 unimportant. when AKB48 becomes more popular stateside, then expect the criticisms to flood in.

another explanation is that AKB48 aren't simply good looking young girls, they can dance and sing too so at least that gives them some more legitimacy. are AKB48 photobooks sold locally? if not, then it will be interesting what will happen if it does because a photobook of the AKB48 girls is basically masturbation fodder since it focuses on their looks and their bodies, and is divorced from the singing/dancing/performing aspect.

finally this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir8BO4-7DkM

in case you haven't watched this video before, it is a bunch of preteen girls (about 7) dancing to beyonce's song "single ladies"... while wearing very risque clothes, almost like lingerie. and performing very sexy dance moves like hip-swaying, bum-shaking, leg/crotch stretches and 1 second of blatant air-humping!

if this video from 2010 with 7.5 million views hasn't been removed from youtube yet, then i think AKB48 has a good fighting chance, legally speaking.

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
The reason i said AKB is because if AKB is fine then why aren't we allowed to watch Japan Gravure Idols?

Yeah so that's what i'm saying, why wouldn't i have the right to watch a Japan Gravure Idol video if they allow me to watch that video you showed?
and then Dance Moms(the show) and toddlers and tiaras(the show) and cheerleading shows etc where they're always doing sexual moves and showing skin.

In the gravure idol videos they dont even do sexy moves and dances, they just walk or stand or whatever. sometimes sexy but not always.

They even have Jr Idol videos in youtube.

So i'm confused now, are we allowed to watch Japan Idol videos in the USA or not?

THey have them even in youtube and have been there for long.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
it is called money and greed

Mar 22, 2011
The reason i said AKB is because if AKB is fine then why aren't we allowed to watch Japan Gravure Idols?

Yeah so that's what i'm saying, why wouldn't i have the right to watch a Japan Gravure Idol video if they allow me to watch that video you showed?
and then Dance Moms(the show) and toddlers and tiaras(the show) and cheerleading shows etc where they're always doing sexual moves and showing skin.

i already explained why: akb, cheerleading, dance moms etc are okay because it something more than sexual stimulation. for akb it's about songs and dancing. for cheerleading its about good fitness and choreography. for dance moms it's about dance. it gives those things more legitimacy. it's not just about pretty girls dancing or performing gymnastics.

In the gravure idol videos they dont even do sexy moves and dances, they just walk or stand or whatever. sometimes sexy but not always.

gravure idols focus specifically on their physical attractiveness. their sexual appeal is the main attractive of the videos and masturbating is the main reason for watching an idol video.

that is what separates idol videos and the other things.

don't get me wrong, i like idol videos and akb48. i'm just explaining to you why normal people like one thing but not the other, even though both things should be okay.

They even have Jr Idol videos in youtube.

So i'm confused now, are we allowed to watch Japan Idol videos in the USA or not?

THey have them even in youtube and have been there for long.

like i said, maybe mainstream attention hasn't found out about junior idol videos yet.

it's like the rapelay "r*** simulator" game. amazon was selling it for a long time but one day, someone made a complaint and now everyone on the internet is talking about it and wants it banned. even though it took them 5 years to find out about it (i think the game was made in 2006). maybe one day someone will make a complaint about junior idol videos on youtube and the same thing will happen.

the last thing is that even though junior idol dvds might technically not be illegal, no-one is prepared to sell it in the usa. in my thread "western media and junior idols," someone posted a video about americans reacting to junior idol dvds being sold in japan.

that might help explain why no company wants to sell the same thing in america, even though it's technically legal (or not i dont know).