A compendium on adult titles released in USA (US-licensed and DLsite forbidden list)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
As many of you know, Akiba-Online has to keep a strict policy against uploading adult anime material that is licensed in USA, sold by DLsite or owned by few other companies.

Since the thread referring to forbidden material only refers to the companies websites, I thought it would be useful to have a comprehensive list of banned episodes/series. I compiled series in different categories, depending on the license status, companies status, release infos, etc.

Category 1: standard license, on company's website or announced/scheduled
Category 2: sold on DLsite (mostly Anime-Antena/Pixy/Valkyrie releases)
Category 3: unclear license status (could be claimed by still existing company), still being sold
Category 4: license owned by a dead company, but can be re-released anytime by the ones still existing
Category 5: license that seems to be "free", and series that are sold by some specific labels (ADV)
Category 6: released only on VHS, chance of re-releases are very small (except from ADV/Happy Carrot ?)

I made an Excel sheet as well as a web page:

http://lamonae.free.fr/test/Forbidden List.html

In my opinion, categories 1 to 4 are absolutely forbidden here, category 5 has to be defined free or not, and category 6 is are completely free on the other hand.
The DLsite category is probably missing many titles, I just collected the titles that people tried to upload here try to update it regularly.

What is also missing here ? Many yaoi titles, but no one seems to upload that anyway :shy:
And I'm not sure about the "other companies" titles (Animac/Pixy and stuff).

I could also add the titles licensed from other countries than USA and not covered by Dlsite.

This is rather useful I believe. Feel free to discuss the accuracy and other stuff. Once we have a proper format, I can maintain it.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: I clarified the status of many releases made by non-adult labels. The ADV and Media Blasters titles are left in section 5, which is now completely allowed, the CPM titles move to category 4, the Right Stuff titles move to category 1.

affie

Dec 20, 2008
Lawl. I wanted to make this list myself but you did it before I could. Where did you get all the info on the companies? I'll look for any h-anime you might have missed :)

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I just carefully collected infos from companies websites, databases websites, online shopping websites.
And cross-checked them. It's just a matter of time to get eveything ordered.

I'm waiting for more feedback, especially on how well it defines the list of "banned" material.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
OK, but you have to check the availability too.
Sometimes I see that:

store.bestanimedvd.com said:
Sorry! Out of Stock!

Anyway, "J-Box Anime" products look more like bootleg releases to me.
And why on earth didn't finish most of their series ? For me it's a proof that the label died out.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
we already discussed that some time ago, there´s no reason for me not to allow J-Box releases here, I just gave some links to these "releases" as it seemed some of them still are sold, in minor quantities though.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Ok, I have few questions pending:

-Are there more titles on category 2 (DLsite) that I forgot ?

- What is the official (lol) statement about titles on category 5, especially on the bordeline "hentai" titles ? These titles are sold like regular anime, and when I see all the "illegal" anime uploaded here, I don't see why they would be exceptions.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Ok, I have few questions pending:

-Are there more titles on category 2 (DLsite) that I forgot ?

- What is the official (lol) statement about titles on category 5, especially on the bordeline "hentai" titles ? These titles are sold like regular anime, and when I see all the "illegal" anime uploaded here, I don't see why they would be exceptions.

category 2 -> only sure are all titles by Pixy, Ani-An, Valkyrie++ and Chichi No Ya as they always are provided by DLsite. Opposite to that PoRO only atm has one official title by their sub label re:poRO at DLsite: kagirohi ~shaku kei~ かぎろひ~勺触~ ep.1 - But: reviewing re:poRO´s release group page at DLsite you´ll find some Suzuki Mirano titles and even some older Milky titles as well. Although I rather often look into DLsite ref. to posts of banned material I run into such material only by coincidence. And am often surprised that titles have been added as well as others have been removed from the DLsite list again. Media Bank with WhiteBear and HotBear labels sometimes provide some titles about 1 year old by DLsite too, as just happened with Maruta 幼なじみと同級生 or Gakuen Shimai 学園姉妹. Nee, Chanto, Shiyou Yo! 姉、ちゃんとしようよっ!is at DLsite too, but only the special edition (compilation), that´s why I decided not to delete existing posts with normal episodes.

I only can delete existing posts then by reacting to what I find there, there´s no real scheme to be found in this at DLsite´s procedures. And I truly am sorry about deleted posts when a title has been removed from DLsite some time later again (as already happened with Tokubetsu Byoutou).

So this category 2 list is nothing of concrete material, it´s moving rather fast with added and removed titles.

category 5 -> some titles like Secret of a Housewife, Boundary between Dream and Reality, A Forbidden Time or Kekko Kamen already exist here at A-O and there´s no reason to delete them. Fencer of Minerva for ex had been licensed by CentralPark Media, license is expired though, but ASM had taken over all CentralPark Media / Anime18 titles and atm is reviving old titles originally released by Anime18, NuTech Digital and even SoftCel Pictures, so these titles still can be seen as critical. Other titles like Sins of the sisters or Wheather report girl had been posted at A-O long time ago but had to be removed due to ASM´s DMCA takedown request, either by correct properties or by lawyer´s mistake which had sent the DMCA request. It was not me who deleted these posts although I had to take care for the final clean-up in this matter.

Admins of this site are not experienced enough about hentai releases so you won´t see any statement about this by them, I think. It is my responsibilty here to handle this to my best abilities and I try to do as good as I can. It can be a basis for a discussion though, I´m neither perfect nor do I try to become so...

And I always can be convinced by real facts, but not by suppositions only...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I even try to make some decisions more transparent when I only delete links or torrents by closing a thread but by giving a comment why I did that too.

In case a title newly appears at DLsite I cannot punish people for posting that in the past when nobody yet knew about it. Then links / torrents are removed only and a reason why is written.

Opposite to that people will receive a warning / infraction if a title has been removed that way several times already and people did not read existing posts / threads or did not use the search engine whether there is an existing post of the same material they want to post already and where the links / torrents had been removed already more than once.

Same procedure when titles newly appear in the U.S. releases announcements lists, existing posts of this material are either deleted or edited at least, but it hardly makes sense to write a comment when the deleted post is on page one and the comment will be at page four of a thread. In this cases too a punishment for an existing post never will be as nobody knew about it before.

Posts however with material which is not allowed to be posted here in this forum, either because it is mentioned in the DO NOT UPLOAD LIST or had been announced as "not to be posted at A-O" in the new releases announcement threads in hentai discussion in advance already normally causes a warning or an infraction for the poster, as every possible / necessary information to prevent people from posting this stuff has been given here in this forum in advance so that´s nothing we can be blamed for. We always do our best so that things like that don´t happen, mostly in vain as I have to admit. The information is present, but I cannot carry it to the posters, the posters just have to use the existing information pool means they have to look for and to read it.

I do not know any other site where there is a list about stuff which may be posted and which may be not, partly months or weeks in advance already.

reg. the DO NOT UPLOAD LIST people have to use the existing databases reg. licensed material (AniDB / ANN normally) or have to google a title in combination with DLsite to check whether a file is hosted there ["title DLsite"], just as us mods do in case we do not know in advance. Title in english (if existing) or the japanese title can be used for that, you even can use the name of the releasing group for this purpose. Other sites only reflect to the english part of DLsite, but Akiba-Online means all parts of DLsite, english, maniax, professional or prof2 as well. It is as it is.

Posters who use covers of editions released in the U.S. know that they post disallowed material only by using this cover for the thread, so there´s no excuse. Titles however licensed in the U.S. but not mentioned as such in the databases will end in deleting the torrent / links only by closing the thread. And mods still have to make their own decision in case there is a title which is supposed to be seen as critical, but not mentioned in any list or database.

I hope the last two posts brought a little bit more of transparency about what we do here in the hentai section and why we do it.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
reg. category 5 in detail: I would only see the titles by CPM and right stuf as critical, as CentralPark Media is mentioned in the DO NOT UPLOAD LIST anyway, licenses expired or not, and as Wheather Report Girl as right stuf material once already had to be removed due to the DMCA request.

As Kekko Kamen is an ADV release and posted here already the same has to go with Dragon Knight 4. There is no request by ADV (yet). ADV titles still are in the anime section to be found as well.

But I do not want any of the Happy Carrot releases to be posted here although it´s an ADV sub company. This is my decision because I want to be cautious and try to avoid trouble for this site only. Titles just are too recent ones and newly on sale, re-releases partly though.

edit: we also had one post of Sprite: Between two Worlds in the past which had been deleted with the DMCA takdown request as well, releasing company was Anime Studio Inc. normally. So although this old company already appeared to be dead there still was the wish to get it deleted, someone else should be the rights owner now, and it seems be related to ASM too.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Two series have just been added on DLsite, the forbidden list has been updated:

真・瑠璃色の雪 (Shin Ruriiro no Yuki, Discovery 2000-2001)
リゾートBOIN (REsort Boin, Milky 2007-2009)

redrooster, if you have announcements about DLsite products, this is the place where to do them.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
hei, wakarimaska

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
淫欲絵巻~雪夜に姫は犯される~ inyoku emaki ~setsu yoru ni hime ha okasa reru~ by Chichi No Ya is NOT! DLsite material. Release date 01-15-2010. Item in new releases announcement Jan + Feb 2010 moved into regular releases.

Man in Densha by Suzuki Mirano / Himajin / Amour has become DLsite material, all links / torrents deleted - threads partly closed.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
淫欲絵巻~雪夜に姫は犯される~ inyoku emaki ~setsu yoru ni hime ha okasa reru~ by Chichi No Ya is NOT! DLsite material. Release date 01-15-2010. Item in new releases announcement Jan + Feb 2010 moved into regular releases.

Man in Densha by Suzuki Mirano / Himajin / Amour has become DLsite material, all links / torrents deleted - threads partly closed.

Look what anidb says:

http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=2174

Note: On 15.01.2010 all 3 episodes were re-released by Chichinoya under a different title - Inyoku Emaki: Yukiyo ni Hime wa Okasareru.

Nothing won, nothing lost. The original episodes are already sold there.

Apart from that, I was searching for material supposedly sold by DLsite, and couldn't find these two that are on my list:

流聖天使プリマヴェール/Primavear (only cg/games show up)
山姫の実/Yama Hime no Mi (not in the schoolzone page at least)

If you have actual links, I would appreciate.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Snow Night Stories moved to re-releases Jan + Feb 2010.

reg. 流聖天使プリマヴェール and 山姫の実 ep. 1 - both entries have been removed from DLsite. No entries at Ani-An and at Schoolzone of both these titles anymore...

The Ani-An title is banned ref. to the Anime Antena request anyway from being posted here, Yamahime No Jitsu - Yama Hime no Sane 山姫の実 ep.1 may be posted here again. Sometimes I seem to be what in german is called a "Stehaufmännchen", oder "rein in die Kartoffeln, raus aus den Kartoffeln..."...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Je préfère de vraies pommes de terre aux pommes frites allemandes

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Last time I checked DLsite I also saw 凌辱ゲリラ狩り3/Ryoujoku Guerilla Kari 3 as being sold there, but I didn't see it uploaded anywhere here.
There are probably others hidden in their website, but I don't want to play the devil's advocate. :dies2:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
Last time I checked DLsite I also saw 凌辱ゲリラ狩り3/Ryoujoku Guerilla Kari 3 as being sold there, but I didn't see it uploaded anywhere here.
There are probably others hidden in their website, but I don't want to play the devil's advocate. :dies2:

I´m not digging there either, what I run into will be handled, but I´m not gonna turn the lowest on top at DLsite to find the last secrets, we already take care enough of their interests.