What's the best uploading site at the moment?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hello! :hi:

So well, the title is self-explanatory. At the moment, i just have a hotfile premium account. I also had Rapidshare and Megaupload, but RS is a bit of a pain now, and MU gives decent speed and small waiting time for a free account. But well, i want to spend some money to get another premium account in the "new" uploading sites. So far, i've seen: Oron, Bitshare, fileserve, Filesonic, Skipfile, Uploading.com, etc...

And well, which one of those should i choose, to maximize my productivity (lol) here, and on other sites too?

Thanks in advance for your answers :bow-pray:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hmm, it seems it's quite problematic for free users too... Their sire always time-out for me, and when i retry my download, they said i have to wait 20 minutes... :notagain:

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
Is "they all suck" an acceptable answer? I have a Vilesonic account and my download speeds are usually less than 20KB/s HF, RS, MS and other reputable hosts give me 400KB/s or better. Even Oron free downloads are faster than my paid Vilesonic!!?

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hmm... That's what i thought too. So they're only popular because they reward you for the number of time your files are downloaded?

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I haven't had a problem with downloading from filesonic with jdownloader (the trick is to not update Jdownloader if its working fine). I'm using v0.9.334 and I've used premium accounts from a handful of filehosting sites w/o any problems.

I max out my connection with filesonic at just under 2 MB/s. I would suggest hotfile if they weren't doing their mass pruning. Since they are I suggest filesonic. Oron isn't any good for me (100kb/s download speed with a premium account).

I'm assuming you just want to download and not upload files for a few dollars.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
I haven't had a problem with downloading from filesonic with jdownloader (the trick is to not update Jdownloader if its working fine). I'm using v0.9.334 and I've used premium accounts from a handful of filehosting sites w/o any problems.

I max out my connection with filesonic at just under 2 MB/s. I would suggest hotfile if they weren't doing their mass pruning. Since they are I suggest filesonic. Oron isn't any good for me (100kb/s download speed with a premium account).

I'm assuming you just want to download and not upload files for a few dollars.

Yeah, i indeed want to download files faster :evil:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Okay, i tested FileSonic premium account, the download are as fast as hotfile, no problem at the moment. Looks like the best choice for me now :grassdance:

U92W6S9A1J

Dec 2, 2010
Rapidshare and Megaupload very popular in Europe.
Sometimes if not always, megaupload is always fast
and need not be registered.
The speed depends on the time of day or night.
Greetings.