What is the best torrent program to download?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Holzy

Mar 7, 2007
Ok my utorrent now has a yellow triangle at the bottom of it that will not got away, so I did the port test that it has and I get an error. I have port forwarded and it still will not change.

can anyone help me?
Here is the message i get in picture form :)

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Hm, do you have the option for "Randomize port each time utorrent starts" checked or unchecked?
I just leave it unchecked and set the port that I already have set forwarded.

Rhamnousia: Nice tracker indeed, :snicker:

Holzy

Mar 7, 2007
Yea I have that unchecked and I followed the guide on the utorrent forum, I think i'm going back to Azureus I had no problem with it

Opera

Rex Irae
Mar 21, 2007
I used Aureus before, fine but heavy as hell. Since I can't run utorrent natively, I'm using rtorrent (an ncurses client), it has all the features I need for 2m of memory usage.:)

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Bitlord is full of adware and that alone is enough for me to mistrust it.
If you ask me, Azureus and BitComet are the top choices.
uTorrent is also great, but the whole sellout and closed source thing makes me trust it less..

JimBond007

Somewhere in the world...
Dec 19, 2006
Before I used Azureus for downloading only stuffs with Japanese names but the problem was the memory consumption....
Now I use Bitcomet 0.70 + Bittornado 0.3.7
Bitcomet for stuffs with Japanese names, Bittornado for Anime, mp3, etc...

I remember I read on a forum Bitcomet 0.70 version is the best (dunno for which reasons). I didn't change my version (now there's 0.85 version). If you check all Bitcomet users, they often use 0.70.
5-6 months ago, I tried to update Bittornado but the installer contained a trojan (kaspersky told me there's a trojan) then I re-installed 0.3.7. Now, dunno if lastest version are safe or not...