What Happened to...

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
1. less income -> less money to make vids -> much more selective to make retirement vid

2. more and more of them come and go and comeback, so retirement / final / farewell vids its not necessary anymore
Some don't want to film more degrading scene or increase the quantity it of titles to make up the difference. Some even felt like they made enough and decide to settle down and pursue other things in show biz or their private life since they're e older and always getting typecast. More and more new girls join every month and not all veteran Diva gets perk. Those that comeback usually are desperate in need for some money after all they can't get hire for decent jobs without a college degree. Maria and sora got lucky retaining their fame and found their success and other halves.

feralman

Mar 24, 2007
Just saw that on twitter. Its always sad to see a popular star go but in all honesty, to me she was getting pretty boring. Her movies were quickly becoming "meh" and the flair she had fizzled out awhile ago so I'm not too upset. Im glad she's going to find better things to be apart of. She's always had other things other than AV and she's bilingual and fluent so she just might transition to something in America.
"Boring" is fairly synonymous with JAV, I think, though she did a couple that were pretty hard-core. I wouldn't mind seeing her in some uncensored videos in the U.S. She had a career in IV as Yuna Kawase (my avatar), then in AV as Kaho Shibuya. There's still some room to grow....

Reactions: xyyu and Supmop

Restrepo

Jul 7, 2015
What the hell is going on with NAOMI's career?

I thought she'd be huge back when she debuted...

Ordell

Apr 18, 2009
By chance anyone know what became of Yua Aida? She got scary skinny at the end of her run and was just going through the motions. But it's been like 12 years so I can understand if no one's heard a word.

M1N0RA

Aug 13, 2012
was just going through the motions

That was her from beginning to end. She had a stunning body and cute face, but she was so boring and pasionless in front of the camera. She kept looking at the lens too (on scenes not intended to be POV), which I always found horribly distracting. I can accept it on newcomers, but she never got better at performing.
Still, she was one of my first JAV crushes, so Yua will always have a special place in my heart.

bbqhands

Dec 6, 2014
Any news on Sana?

12932.jpg

papadoc1981

Feb 28, 2012
I recently was rewatching some older flicks I never got around to watching and I forgot how much I loved Riko Honda. She was my #1 fav for a little while and then she disappeared. I wish she'd make a comeback.

7500d5be54674cc47db9fac4542d847b.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gerbin and TGWM

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
What the hell happened with NAOMI?

I thought she'd be huge and...*crickets*

learned from whats happened, most of girls with big boobs comeback after hiatus for some times, there is big possibility she will comeback too

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
learned from whats happened, most of girls with big boobs comeback after hiatus for some times, there is big possibility she will comeback too
I hope this non official rule applies to Nana Aoyama. If there is one big boobs girl I want to see back, it's her !

Reactions: Supmop