What happen with prestige av studio ?

pukimai

Jan 11, 2013
Prestige is one of my favorite studio, their concept is the most creative in AV industry right now, but recently there are may of their exclusive actress are not longer with them anymore, it started with Wakana Nao, and Mizuki Miri, after that Kumakura Shouko, and in this december they lost another 4 actresses, Ootori Kaname, Imanaga Sana, Satomi Yuria, and one of the best of their actress, my favorite Suzumura Airi, so what happen with Prestige ? Why are they losing so many talent in 2017? Anybody know what happen with them, since they are one with a lot of creative concepts, it will be a huge lost if they go bankrupt. Thank you

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
I follow Miri Mizuki and used to follow Nao and Airi. It maybe just that their contracts are ended and the girls prefered to go freelance (Miri and Nao).

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
You two are missing the point. Yes the industry is slipping, there are stresses and difficulties with various things, but Prestige and couple others (Million/KMP?) are doing especially poorly. I can't remember the last time I watched a Prestige vid, even with the lovely lovely Shunka Ayami ... check... dammit the last vid of her that I watch was 13 months ago. That means I probably have missed more than 10 releases of Shunka. Same with Million, I used to get a few good vids (I mean real keepers) from them each year, not any more.

OP brought up some hard data that Prestige is losing talents. I'd be very interested to see some analysis/tracking where these girls went. E.g. Miri Mizuki... did she sign with Wanz? If Prestige is losing girls who disappeared or retired that's one thing, could be industry-wide down swing. But if they show up in other studios, esp. as contract girls and/or more prestigious (ha) studios. That may mean Prestige is in much more trouble than other studios. E.g. S1 seems to be going crazy in recent months.

Of course, we also can not expect a useful answer in this forum. Until the day Prestige goes bankrupt or absorbed by a rival etc, we are not likely to get any reliable and meaningful insight into this mystery.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
I don't really follow any of these studios, but how are their outputs? Are they still producing the same amount of content each month (not counting BEST/Compilations)? Less? More? If no difference or more, they're probably not in a bad situation.

Reactions: kharo88

drakan

Feb 17, 2008
You two are missing the point. Yes the industry is slipping, there are stresses and difficulties with various things, but Prestige and couple others (Million/KMP?) are doing especially poorly. I can't remember the last time I watched a Prestige vid, even with the lovely lovely Shunka Ayami ... check... dammit the last vid of her that I watch was 13 months ago. That means I probably have missed more than 10 releases of Shunka. Same with Million, I used to get a few good vids (I mean real keepers) from them each year, not any more.

OP brought up some hard data that Prestige is losing talents. I'd be very interested to see some analysis/tracking where these girls went. E.g. Miri Mizuki... did she sign with Wanz? If Prestige is losing girls who disappeared or retired that's one thing, could be industry-wide down swing. But if they show up in other studios, esp. as contract girls and/or more prestigious (ha) studios. That may mean Prestige is in much more trouble than other studios. E.g. S1 seems to be going crazy in recent months.

Of course, we also can not expect a useful answer in this forum. Until the day Prestige goes bankrupt or absorbed by a rival etc, we are not likely to get any reliable and meaningful insight into this mystery.

Like Darksider said, Nao Wakana and Miri Mizuki are freelance now shooting for multiple studios. They're probably strapped for cash and being an independent contractor allows them to shoot multiple movies per month instead of one a month when you're under contract.