What features/services would you like to have on R18.com?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Blade Runner

Sep 12, 2015
Improved search features such as Goto page (number) within either genre or series.
Ability to save an actress' filmography as a wish list.
Accurate credit listing in compilation movies.
English subtitles.
Offer DRM-free option on purchases.

Reactions: R18.com

seitoseitan

Nov 7, 2014
1. An "Old Man" category

2. Unwanted categories (ex: When i choose "big tits" category, i don't want any "BBW" to appear on the list coz you know fat ladies has big tits too. So i can choose to exclude "BBW" in the unwanted category section)

3. Yeah, sort the tags. Some of the JAV not tagged properly.

4. Arsenal

That's all. Thanks for being one of the best JAV database sites to date.

高橋

Sep 29, 2013
I had used R18.com and I do love it a lot, especially for very rare titles and their often tempting sales section! The way the categorized is great too, but my only complain is that the player is kinda 'exclusive' and that I have to use another player always to watch movies bought from R18... which the player isn't exactly that good a player though it was a huge upgrade from the previous one....

All in all, a great site for JAV and good job for extending those wonderful JAV titles to us staying outside Japan! Kudos!

*p.s. I do agree English Subtitles would be great too, especially to aid me further in my Japanese language studies!

djan59

Sep 13, 2009
English Subtitles for the biggest studios (Attackers, Madonna, S1, etc...). By involving the AV community for example.

jsjav

Oct 2, 2017
I would like an easier way to follow actresses from the video page. So if i am looking at the details of a title, i can see the list of actresses with their thumbnail pic which is great but i can't follow them from there by clicking add on the thumbnail, instead i have to go the actresses section, then scroll through a ton of pages alphabetically just to find the actress then i can click the add button there. Also it would be cool to have text search directly on the actress page.

I would also like to be able to exclude categories as well as include them :)

periph

Sep 28, 2012
English Subtitles for the biggest studios (Attackers, Madonna, S1, etc...). By involving the AV community for example.

Suggestion on one way to do this: add a keystroke command, for example "S", to your player to mark the time position of a line for subtitle translation. It's important that it be simple and able to do "one-handed" haha. The keystroke sends the time index along with movie code to your servers, which consolidate a list of places that need translation. Your translators go through the list for a movie and use the time index list to save time watching the whole thing. For a lot of JAV's this could work well because there's some dialog and then the action starts and there isn't that much talking. But the actors might say something in the middle of the action that people might want to understand, so they could mark that time index for translation.

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
4. Community oriented Tag (Genre) and Review system.
Many people use separate 3rd party websites to organize, find, and classify their Japanese AV content.
This is because the system on R18 and DMM is not very thorough or comprehensive.
A lot of the times, there are not enough Tags, Genres, or indicators for titles.
Most of the multi-actress "amateur" content do not have proper actress tags, even though they might be a famous actress.
Providing and option for the subscribed or premium members to add tags, genres, description and reviews would allow R18 to become a true one-stop source for all Japanese AV related information and content.
A tag or description system can be mostly driven and moderated by the community via upvote & downvote system.

ie. A subscriber to that Channel or Purchaser of the video is able to add a new genre/tag to the video.
If it's a newly submitted genre/tag, it's added to the description and starts with 2 upvotes.
If two other members who have subscribed to the channel or purchased the video in question, find that genre/tag to be misleading or incorrect, they can downvote.
The 2 downvotes cancel out the upvotes, and the genre/tag is removed from the description.

Same can be applied to things like Actress names and Reviews.

Would be surprised if any of the suggestions posted on this thread gets implemented
Seconded with the minor disagreement that any logged in user should be able to add a tag and vote on tags. You want massive amounts of fan participation in a system like this and people who already have the movie won't buy it on R18 just to be able to add a tag.

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
Erojapanese translate for just a hundred bucks a movie. You can gather the money much easier than Motiman can; add buttons to prepay for a translation and signal interest without paying. Have some trigger based on amount prepaid and interest shown to send the movie for translation. For popular movies you can be sure you'll get your money back and pay for the translation as soon as it's released.

I use R18 mostly as a searchable index to find interesting JAV. I've never bought anything. Subtitles would make me pay money since I can't get those elsewhere.

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
Searching through videos under "My Library" is very tedious with your current format. Has to be a better way to be able to scroll though them.

I registered to second this.

In my experience with "My Library" I can filter by type: Adult Movies, Amateur Girls, Hentai Anime. All the content I purchased falls under Adult Movies so this is not helpful.
I can sort between New-Old in ascending or descending order. The sorting function seems to use your individual purchase date of the videos and not release date.
I can sort expired and active purchases. I haven't rented so I can't comment on this, I would assume it's useful for those who do.
Searching My Library for a video is frequently a manual process of hitting "Show More" and searching with my eyes. My Library needs to have search and sorting functions that are equivalent to the search function on R18 where you can add categories, actresses, studios, etc... as tags to filter and find what you want. If I want to find the handful of videos I have bought with Meguri starring in them, it should be just like if I was searching for her content to purchase, the pink navbar on the right-hand side should have her name listed under actresses to filter to just her videos.

The DRM free option mentioned by several people would be great but I'm not optimistic about it. It's just a bit of a sore spot that people who pirate can play the content on a player of their choosing. If you buy through R18 your options are streaming or download and play through R-Player. I haven't installed R-Player on my new computer but from what I remember it did take an extra bit of time to get a video running because it required verification to the R18 servers before it would play.

Reactions: dewback and R18.com

andy55

Apr 6, 2008
Make us connect with production studios on R18 itself so that we can request a plot/ideas that we like.

Or may be we can show our interest & demand sequels to already bought series.

And also we should be able to comment in English which must be read by JAV studios.

andy55

Apr 6, 2008
Let people post there visual ideas with the help of pics & text. Should be open for public voting.
If it gets too many likes then idea should be further pitched to JAV producers for real movie development.

andy55

Apr 6, 2008
Finally, collect advance money from people who wants to request a sequel to movie they like.

If movie/sequel gets into production within time limit then its a success, else return their money into their wallets.

This way producers will be able to make profit on newer movies even before production begins. May be R18 can earn some interest!

Please let us know what do you think about this.?

Reactions: cavarra and R18.com

jav-watcher

May 6, 2014
The ability to play purchased content on older devices.

I have an ipad 3 that is stuck on iOS 9 and I can't stream any of my movies on it.

silkmaze

Aug 21, 2010
Subtitles!!!

I would like to be able to select more than one tag with searching for a film. At the moment you can click on one tag then search all the pages for one or two films.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Subtitles!!!

I would like to be able to select more than one tag with searching for a film. At the moment you can click on one tag then search all the pages for one or two films.

Thanks for the comment.
When you click in a "tag" (category) you will go to the list page of movies in that category. In the right hand you have the ADVANCE SEARCH. There you can add more categories to refine your search.

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
That is indeed a big change. It's how I bought most of my DMM purchases and the biggest reason why I used them over R18.

Edit: Scratch that. No Paypal? Then it's still DMM for me.