website I can't access (need help)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

surfyrose

Jan 5, 2013
Hi,

I am unsure why I got this problem, I got a computer at work running windows XP that able to access the website but not accessible by my home pc that is running windows 7. It seems like the traffic or data got blocked by my windows 7. I tried to disabling my antivirus but that didn't work since the windows XP and windows 7 both has the same antivirus program.

The sites are:
e-hentai.org
exhentai.org

Please help me, been having this problem over a year now and I just don't know where to ask and where to find :cry5:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Are you positive these sites are still active? hmmmmm.......e-hentai is blocked by certain ISPs'......or certain IP addresses are blocked by e-hentai, hard to say for sure which is which.

For e-hentai go to startpage.com and do a search for e-hentai, then choose the option "view by lxquick proxy" option when choosing www.e-hentai.org.

As far as the sad panda at exhentai.org there seem to be a few options just doing a quick search from startpage but I am not going through all of that.

As far as Windows 7 bloking sites on your computer try the Windows help center and ask them how to disable that feature. It might take a while to see exactly what program is doing that and it would be nice to have some assitance. From this end I can't tell if it is your anti-virus, router, User Content Advisor, blocked by your own browser or what. I despise content filtering and hope you solve your dilemma. If you are old enough to have a job you are old enough to choose what websites you fucking view.

surfyrose

Jan 5, 2013
I'm positive, my ISP don't have much content filtering, even if it does, I would've been using proxies to bypass that content filtering. I also tried running both machine using proxies, the one with windows 7 still not able to view the page

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I would think, if you are using a proxy, the filter is in your browser or a browser plug-in. What browser are you using? check the settings in it to find where it is filtering content. If you are using a web-proxy (which is what I advised in my earlier post) that would bypass most content filtering but very likely not fool your browser. Browsers usually have a block for websites considered (or reported) as harmful and you have to turn this off. There is no site I can't visit if I put my mind to it so this is a very solvable problem, rest assured.

Reactions: 1 person

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
you visit that site from your workplace...?

almost definitely not a windows 7 issue (i could open it), and, if you tried proxies, probably not an ISP block either.

if using IE, dont. if using firefox then go 'help>restart firefox with addons disabled'. try again.

with addons disabled, flush dns (http://www.ghacks.net/2011/03/13/how-to-flush-the-dns-cache-in-windows/) reboot and try again.

programs like spyware blaster and spybot s&d modify the hosts file which will limit access:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/beginner-geek-how-to-edit-your-hosts-file/

Reactions: 2 people