Problem please help

HentaiRulez

Feb 10, 2009
i just finished downloading a jav movie which was in seperate rar form i extracted the movie no probs so it now on my documents in a file so when i entered the file to play it a box pops up saying Windows Explorer Has Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close and this happens everytime i go into said file this is not the only time this has happened what am i doing wrong how do i prevent this box from appearing and causing me to close down and not watched what ive downloaded

appreciate any help

im running xp by the way

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
I don't want to brag, but use punctuations next time^^
So the file is the movie, right? Most likely there is a problem with codecs, causing explorer to close itself. First you should give us informations about that video, then updating your codecs, for example by installing CCCP codec pack.

HentaiRulez

Feb 10, 2009
sorry about that, appreciate your help you helped me last time too.

it was a a haruhi JAV i redownloaded an mp4 version of it and that works fine but that box has appeared before in the past is there a way to turn off the warning or something.
i have the most recent cccp version and coreavc as well that you recommended to me last time.

Thanks

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
You lost me a bit there ^^; Is it working now?
So well, when i meant infos about the vid, i expected something like codecs used to encode it, bitrate, etc...
You can find those informations by installing Gspot and opening the video inside that app. But with the latest codecs, it's hard to imagine problems or warnings... Try opening other mp4 files, or maybe opening the video with another player...

HentaiRulez

Feb 10, 2009
sorry been away a few days

ill try to explain it properlly as its happening in a few places

i have my JAV,Anime ect collection on external hard drives and when i go to open a folder say that belongs to a certain JAV star as the thumbnails load one of them wont the screen freezes and that box appears "windows expolrer has encountered a problem and need to close ,ect ect"..

so it happens every time i go into that specific folder yet doesnt when i enter another folder and the thumbnails load just fine

hope i explained better appreciate ure help

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
that happens if you got problems with some codecs.
In this case, probalby with one specific
try updating your codecs (as already said)
that means first remove the old ones and than install the new ones.
Don't install the new ones above the old ones.
cccp or k-lite is a good choice.

And for the meantime, while this error isn't fixed in your codecs.
for XP:
1. Open a folder
2. Click the View menu
3. Select the type of view you want (details, list, etc.) - not large or small
4. Click the Tools menu
5. Click Folder Options
6. Click View tab
7. Click Apply to All Folders

for Vista / 7
1. Change the View-Settings in one folder
2. In the currently open folder, click Organize in the toolbar,
3. click Folder
4. Search Options.
5. In Folder Options, click the View tab, and then click
6. Apply to Folders.

you can do this in any folder of your choice.
But be carefull.
this will set all folder-views to the new one.
But you will be able to access your folder without getting the crash-report.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Most likely the problem is coming from the Window preview that appears in the left panel. I remember i had that problem, and did about what C00Lzero mentioned.

But i've just seen that when browsing the net. Open Start menu -> run -> type that command in the box "regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll" (without the " " of course)
(And if you want to re-enable after some time, type the same command, but without "/u")