Video Trimmer Programs?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

ArgentGrace

Mar 31, 2010
Can anyone recommend any good video trimmer program.

I have been watching a couple of JAV movies and it starts out with 1 min of "advertisement".

I was wondering what are good video trimmer programs to cut that off, but still retain good video quality?

Thanks. :)

asianbooblover

Akiba Citizen
Jun 20, 2007
I have been using Mpeg Streamclip for years- free download and you can trim edit, combine videos. It's easy to use and has Mac or Windows versions.

Reactions: hatsupaw

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I have been using Mpeg Streamclip for years- free download and you can trim edit, combine videos. It's easy to use and has Mac or Windows versions.
Unfortunately there are no screenshots. It's a small tool (less than 1 MB), but also an old one (last release: 2008). They say that it works with "Windows XP or Windows Vista or Windows 7, but may also work in Windows 2000" - how about Windows 8 and 10?

Joker6969

Sep 3, 2014
I've been using Avidemux and Machete lite. Some don't work with some videos and I've found it easier to just switch program rather than figure out what's wrong.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I've been using Bigasoft Total Video Converter 5, it's actively maintained (2015). A 2008 software may not have a good 64-bits executable.

If you are just cutting the annoying Chinese ad at the beginning of the file it takes less than 3 mins, the speed limit is due to HDD, not processing speed.

On a 8-core Xeon processor with lots of RAM, even re-encoding become quite fast. Actually about 15 minutes for a 2+ hour DVD to 480p re-encoding (2-pass). Doing a FHD vid was I think about 40+ minutes for 2 hour vid. It's fast enough that finally I feel like experimenting with different settings and parameters.

Also I found out it can convert multiple vids simultaneously at the same speed, each ffmpeg thread takes up a CPU core, still leaving me a couple cores to handle Windows services so I can actually do some useful work

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
If we're talking fastest encoders and not simply cropping out what we don't like and not adding in any filters, I'd recommend what we often use: DVDFab

It's not free, but it's one of the few encoders I know of that has NVIDIA CUDA support built right in. This means if you're using a NVIDIA graphics card, you can use the GPU along with your CPU for super fast encoding while keeping your CPU usage and temperature low.

On our system, I can rip a 1920x1080 movie at 150 FPS with CPU usage remaining under 50% and temperature around 65 degrees C.
Encoding without CUDA would drop FPS to 15-20 with CPU usage pegged near 100% and temperatures around 85 C. This is on a gaming laptop.

sicklychild

Jan 6, 2008
My Quicktime movie player (#7, I think) does a great job of editing .mov and mp4 video and my Realplayer has a trimmer which will edit movie files such as .wmv and .rm and even .mp3 and .wav files.
VLC media player will also edit just about any movie but has to be done in real time.