uTorrent not adding torrent

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Toka

May 30, 2007
Hey guys,

I recently updated from uTorrent 3.1.3 to 3.2.3 and I no longer can add torrents from this site or any other site.

I've done some research but nothing I have seen so far has helped. I know that this is due to the update I have installed from uTorrent but I'm wondering if any of you guys have come across this and if you can help.

TY:cheer:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Did you try to open it from utorrent directly by going into the file menu and pressing add torrent? Maybe it simply broke the file association with torrent files when you updated it so double clicking them won't work.

You just added one more reason to not update to v3+ in my head.

Toka

May 30, 2007
Thanks for the reply fellows, I appreicait it.

@IdolFun, I can't agree with you more. I really hate that "Featured Torrent" bar on the top page.

@SamKook, I did end up working it out. It seems that using the "Check For Updates" through the "Help" tab was the problem for me. And why the hell this program does not have a Uninstall command!?@$%&.....issue for another day.

Outside from checking the registry you can find the source installation path here...(note: must be able to see hidden folder/files to find)

C Drive>User>(Your Computer Name)>*AppData>Roaming>uTorrent

*AppData is a hidden folder.

Delete the uTorrent folder and reinstall uTorrent and your good to go. Of course if you have existing incomplete torrents file you may want to complete them before doing the procedure mentioned above.

The updates work and needs to be install and 9 out of 10 it's a straight forward process. I guess I freaked because I never had a problem before. I for one thing this is still one of the best program that does what it's suppose too....just hate them ads.

Hope this helps and Happy Holiday to you all!!!!:gayprance:

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Go to Options -> Preferences -> Advanced
Filter - type offer

offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled
left_rail_offer_enabled

change to false

ads are gone :harp:

Toka