Unable to open torrent files!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

GANTZnoKURONO

Dark Prince
Feb 11, 2007
HELP~~!:cry: I just sign up here, and when trying to download the torrents, the torrents files are unable to open. I'm using bitcomet. The popup says:
"Unable to open torrent file. Please try re-downloading the torrent!"

I tried many times still cannot...:why: I thought might be my com problem but after trying at other site like HF and Xuhu, I have no problem in opening or reading the torrent. Therefore I think it could the site problem. Please HELP~~Onegai shimasu!:bow-pray:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
Hmm... I suppose some torrents are corrupted due to the recent shutdown...

Nice avatar btw :moe:

nuts

Feb 11, 2007
Perhaps try a right-click save-as, and save the torrent somewhere. Rename it (it'll still work) and try again. I sometimes need to do that for certain torrents despite having all languages installed.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
No. All attachments are corrupted. There is no fix.

maohayato

unknown loli
Nov 8, 2006
just wait till the uploaders upload their attachments/torrents again

in other words: just wait

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
That sucks..
I guess I will delete all my attachments and dig up my old torrents and reattach them.
It will take a week or so before the forum regains its balance again, so be patient.
:bow-pray:

nuts

Feb 11, 2007
Sounds bad.

*whips the reposters*
Get to work, get to work. (reposts should be easily fixed, get it done!)

hehe.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
If anyone wants to help out by re-uploading torrent attachments and deleting the corrupt attachments for members who won't/aren't here, I could grant temporary mod status so you can edit other user's posts and add torrents if you can find them (e.g. on www.deadfrog.us or www.datorrents.com or any chinese site)

This is alot of tedious work and some torrents may not be so easy to locate, but any help is greatly appreciated.

GANTZnoKURONO

Dark Prince
Feb 11, 2007
Thank you all. :bow-pray: I'll wait then...:sigh: :miserable:
BTW, I like the "THANKS" button.:goodjob: